Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial numbers and date of birth?

I have 82-70's and all the serial # plates on back of the P/W's have been removed. There has to be a way I can find out when they were manufactured. Is there another serial number on the frame or something to tell me when they were born? Keep in mind I still have the old style crank tube assy on the crank pulley (one with the 2 big lock nuts to hold the tube on the frame.. Not welded type.) so I know they are old, but how old?
    Get the facts first, THEN panic!

Re: Serial numbers and date of birth?

There should be a serial # plate next to the russell-stoll plug.
    Go Pirates

Comment

Usually, on my machines (different houses) I've always seen S/Ns written on the common kickbacks, might be a little hard to see, but I've always seen them.

IMHO, S/Ns are just about useless nowadays as machines have been in for so long that many S/N dependent ass'ys have been retrofitted to more current specs.

I pulled my plates during my rebuilds, but I have the numbers (for whatever reason) written on my office wall.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

If they havent been replaced the sweep links have a casting dates, the short ones. what style tables do you have on the back row of pins are they wide open like 1-6 or is the back few inches cast closed.The dist mounting is it 3 piece or u channel bent 90 degrees?
        70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
        Prolane Walker sport

Comment

The dist is a bent U and some of my tables have the back row cut off like you said, but some are not, only date i have found so far on any castings is the dist cam follower arm 72' I for some reason beleive they are older than 72. Only other info I have is I have seen alot of lables on some parts claiming they are from "Semenary Lanes Alexandria VA" I think that is where they were originaly. Common kickback panels? where might that number be seen? Russell Stoll I have never seen a number in that location ever.
          Get the facts first, THEN panic!

Comment

Dates and numbers on parts are pretty much useless as you have no idea if and how many times that part has been replaced. Also back ends and front ends could be mixed up especially if this is not the original install. My machines are a mix of just about everything you can think of, you name it and I probably have it. I have parts from B, C, and MP machines mixed up all over the place and I think I even have a couple with sweep cams from an A!

Comment

Are you going to serve cake and juice on their birthdays? If so, I'm totally there.
              Change the chassis, is not the answer.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse