• brett1
    replied
    Re: chassis help

I found a loose wire on the sweep contactor thanks to all that replied

Leave a comment:

• Andrew
    replied

Doc makes a good point. There needs to be a little difference between SB and SC activation positions to "fit" the first guard stop. The more the sweep creeps past the point of SB activation, the closer it gets to SC activation, and if it does, then it will interlock. The machine is designed to allow some space between those activation points (20 degrees). No motor is perfect (for long) so it is normal to sometimes have to adjust SC and/or SB to obtain a sufficient "gap". On the other hand, if you have to adjust SB too far back such that it doesn't sit in the correct first guard position, then that's too far and other adjustments need to be made.

Leave a comment:

• jim k
    replied

thats a very good way of doing it doc.

Leave a comment:

• AMFDOCTOR
    replied

We do a couple of things prior to doing any changes to the machines. First we date any new capacitors that we get in and when they are installed, usually in pairs, we date them in our motor file in our computer. When we change a switch pack, we replace all three switches so when you go to put it in you know that all three switches are good. If we do install the pack, once again we date it in the computer. If a problem comes up we start the trouble shooting process by first going to the computer and see whats been done to it. By doing this we can get some idea as to where the fault might be. I save all the old switches and after collecting a bunch, and on a day when you cann't really do anything to the machines, get out the analog meter, not digital, and start checking switches. You have to use a analog meter because a digiatl meter reads by sampling, where as a analog is direct. The last thing I do is to cheat the SC cam switch. By this I mean I take the screw and turn it a 1/2 to 3/4 to move the lever away from the cam. By doing this you can have a little coasting and not stop the overall operation of the machine..

Leave a comment:

• Tablejam
    replied

^

Originally posted by brett1
    I have a solid state chassis with an omega board that on 1st ball sweep comes to gaurd and creeps too far and interlocks I have switched chassis and the problem moves with the chassis

Leave a comment:

• maister
    replied

Are you sure it is the chassis. Could it be cams or sweep motor over running.I would also check for a weak capacitor.
    Have you changed the chassis to another pinspotter to check it out.
    maister

Leave a comment:

• Tablejam
    replied

Originally posted by nikki94
    Also check your M relay in the chassis. Sweep circuit passes through it. Have had drift and/or stop problems due to these in the past
    This is true mostly for the MP chassis on the M2 relay. If memory serves, on a Solid State chassis the sweep does not pass through any of those relays. Sweep coasting on these chassis is usually due to....

N.C. contacts on sweep contactor having a bad or no connection

Burned C1 pins, the sweep is the third row from the top, this is the row that contains the pins that lead to the N.C. contacts on the sweep

Poor wire connections between the above

Eventhough you say the contactor is good it would not hurt to do a continuity check across the sweep N.C. contacts with the power off. If there is no reading or it is flaky then that's the problem. When doing this test its a good idea to manually engage the contactor several times while taking a reading to make sure it is consistent.

So far, in 10+ years I have never seen anything else in a Solid State chassis cause the sweep or table to coast. Maybe there is something else but IMO I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• bent wrench
    replied

Agree with c-1 but dont overlook the block itself. Burnt pins are one problem but if the block is looking kind of white around pins, that can be conductive and should be replaced as well.

Leave a comment:

• 8270 pinspotter
    replied

I agree with Pie on the c1 plug. That's a good place to check for motor drift issues.

Leave a comment:

• nikki94
    replied

Also check your M relay in the chassis. Sweep circuit passes through it. Have had drift and/or stop problems due to these in the past

Leave a comment:

• Pietenpol
    replied

Also take a good look at your c1 plug. Make sure everything is tight in there and not burnt.

Leave a comment:

• brett1
    replied

It has new contactors on but I will check the connections thanks

Leave a comment:

• Pietenpol
    replied

Are your sweep contactors in good shape? Connections good and tight?

Leave a comment:

• brett1
    started a topic chassis help

chassis help

I have a solid state chassis with an omega board that on 1st ball sweep comes to gaurd and creeps too far and interlocks I have switched chassis and the problem moves with the chassis

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse