Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question-82/70 SS Chassis

The two chassis capacitors right next to the backend relay...what do they do? What circuit are they in and if one was bad...what could that cause? Any info is appreciated.
    Humpbacks..Qubica..AMF 82-70..what more can you ask for?

Griffen ,
    repost your question in the 82-70 pinsetter forum
    82-70's
    Computor Score
    Elco/Omega Tec
    PBL's
    Express CE Oxyshock/Versitity
    16 Wood
    No pindication

Comment

they do...STUFF! I don't have a chassis in front of me don't beat me too hard. I also only know what one of them is.

one of them is the "time delay" or as AMF puts it the "thermal relay", I'm about 88% sure the machine will never cycle with the sweep at guard if this relay has failed. I'm about 22% sure its the one closest to the left of the M.
      When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffen View Post
        The two chassis capacitors right next to the backend relay...what do they do? What circuit are they in and if one was bad...what could that cause? Any info is appreciated.
        If you have omega-teks they do nothing. Are you having issues?

Comment

I thought someone on here explained they were mainly for smoothing out power/signals when the old 5 boards were used.

The only thermal time delay I can think of right now is the shut off delay for the back end motor, which is the rectangular thing with 4 wires mounted to the side of the chassis near the BE relay.

The time delay for cycling purposes (delay between sweep first guard and table run on first ball for example) is located on the chassis board(s), or Omega Tek board if you have those.

Comment

There's actually 2 "caps" and 1 rectifier under the BE relay.

070-005-874 the 1500mfd 50W.V. This one is the left most cap

000-029-301 Rectifier 2069 I'd surmise this is the "large silver" one that doesn't look like the other cap
            070-005-652 100mfd 250Wvdc probably looks just like the 874 cap

I was thinking about 070-005-149 the time delay as TJ stated with the 4 wires on it; though I thought that it also controlled the time delay for the cycle. so as usual my first post was wrong and TJ was correct.
            When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Chassis question? Check above thread.
              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse