Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumped with another chassis problem!

82-70 mp single board chassis. I've got a problem with sweep drift on 1 of my chassis. The chassis used to have the white cube style contacts that I absolutely hate. I originally that the contact was the problem since I've had this issue with several other contacts of this style. I have been replacing them with the solid state contacts from bowltronics. I put a brand new SS contact on the chassis and still having drift issues. Replaced every bit of wire coming from contact to C1 plug and new pins across C1 plug. What am I missing. What else in the chassis can cause a sweep drift. Problem follows the chassis before and after contacts were replaced. Also I'm still learning these chassis so please be as detailed as possible in explaining your thought. Thanks!
    git-R-done

Will another chassis on the same lane resolve the sweep coasting issue?

Will putting the "bad" chassis on another pinspotter cause that sweep to coast?

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
      Will another chassis on the same lane resolve the sweep coasting issue?

Will putting the "bad" chassis on another pinspotter cause that sweep to coast?
      It's a chassis problem no matter what lane I put it on it happens. The problem follows the chassis.
      git-R-done

Comment

Did you try the replacement SS contact in another chassis? Or was it tested and known good? I had too many issues in general with new parts so I always question them
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

The M2 cube and it's socket can cause drift,the sweep start circuit goes through it.
          70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
          Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Nasty M2!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
              Did you try the replacement SS contact in another chassis? Or was it tested and known good? I had too many issues in general with new parts so I always question them
              It was a brand new out the box contact.
              git-R-done

Comment

Originally posted by keeth View Post
                The M2 cube and it's socket can cause drift,the sweep start circuit goes through it.
                Can you replace the pins of the socket or does the entire socket need replaced?
                git-R-done

Comment

Originally posted by bassmaster229 View Post
                  The entire socket must be replaced.
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Just because it is new out of the box does not mean it is good. Try it in another chassis to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mechanic8230 View Post
                      Just because it is new out of the box does not mean it is good. Try it in another chassis to make sure.
                      Exactly my point. I second this. I had numerous brand new parts right out of the box that were bad.
                      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by bassmaster229 View Post
                        I have been able to change out bad socket pins as long as the plastic socket is not burnt,they have spares left over that were not used.
                        70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                        Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse