Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Chassis Issue

I have an MP chassis that has decided to stop working. The other night the chassis in question was running fine then it sparked, kicked circuit breaker 1 and shut off. The spark was right in the area of the program zero button CB4 and CB1. Since I have replaced all three of the ice cube relays, CB1, Program Zero button, and the BE Relay (I believe that is what it is, that is what it is marked on top of the chassis). I can now get the machine to at least cut on and I can run the sweep and table seperately. However, it will not cycle and I have no backend what so ever. After the machine has ran for a minute or two it will kick CB1 again. I Have changed several C1 pins because they were burnt or looked that way. I am fairly new to working on the inside of the chassis so if you could please break it down as much as possible and describe every step. The chassis has been removed from the lane that it occured on because it was during league so I moved a chassis from one of our unused lanes so that I would not have to move the bowlers.
    It only took two years and two new owners to finally be allowed to come in and work on lanes before we open........

Have you checked the corresponding pins in the chassis plug?

Comment

I have checked them, I will give them another look over when I go in later tonight. The ones I did find and replace yesterday were in pretty bad shape. Would I just need to look in C1 or both C1 and C2a
      It only took two years and two new owners to finally be allowed to come in and work on lanes before we open........

Comment

I would look at them all - very carefully.

Anytime you have a burnt C1 pin - the corresponding socket is in need of replacement

Comment

CB1= T1 Primary
          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/attac...6&d=1323032746
            If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

If CB1 is tripping then there is an issue somewhere with the high voltage, this would come through the C1 plug or it could be in the chassis or even in the area is 'sparked'.

Comment

Just as an update. I have not had a chance to even look at the chassis because I have been everywhere except in the back (Where I am supposed to be). I'm hoping to get it looked at in a day or so. Really beginning to irritate me that I have a lane down and my manager seems like she could careless, but that's a rant for another day. Will report back when I get the chance to look at the chassis.

Comment

Update: T1 was changed yesterday and still the problem remains. Machine turned on just fine but still had no power go to the back end. Also still can run the sweep and table through the chassis but still does not have a cycle. And just as general info not sure if this helps or not but around the sweep, table contacts and the actual T1 in the chassis there is what looks like black dirt, none of my other chassis have this in them. It's almost like a residue.

Comment

Change glass relays / Bd.? with another machine.

Comment

T1's rarely go bad in MP chassis - could be a bad T4 or a bad breaker. So you hear any of the cube relays pull in when you power it up?
                      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf View Post
                        T1's rarely go bad in MP chassis - could be a bad T4 or a bad breaker. So you hear any of the cube relays pull in when you power it up?
                        If the pull in makes a click then yeah I hear that. I have changed all the breakers and cubes with known good ones. Felix I have changed the board several times to no avail. Felix you made mention to glass relays is that the same as the ice cubes?

Comment

Originally posted by mpaxton View Post
                          If the pull in makes a click then yeah I hear that. I have changed all the breakers and cubes with known good ones. Felix I have changed the board several times to no avail. Felix you made mention to glass relays is that the same as the ice cubes?
                          Try giving the relays a little 'twist' - sometimes a bad socket will make contact if you do this.

He is referring to the cube relays - some people call the cube, some call them glass because they are clear.
                          I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

^The "little plastic square clicky things"......lol

Comment

I have twisted all of the square clicky things as tablejam calls them. And still no life. Btw tablejam greatest description ever!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse