Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked in instructomat?

MP chassis. Discovered this chassis had a shattered C1 block (not exaggerating) while doing maintenance. Machine ran PERFECTLY FINE with the bad block. Puzzled me on how it was even running...but anyway.

Installed a new C1 and C2A on the chassis with proper associated hardware. This chassis had fuses instead of breakers on the CB2 and CB3 locations, so i swapped them out with breakers.

Now, when you reinstall the chassis, only the back end and pit light turns on. No sweep, table, or cycle functions from the back. The 3 buttons on the side of the chassis are not functional either (S,T,cycle). Its chassis isolated, because the machine runs normal with any other chassis. I have installed the chassis on another lane, and the symptoms move to that machine.

I double checked all the pins in both C1 and C2A to make sure they are addressed correctly in their blocks, looked for any loose wires. Followed all wires from blocks to their locations in the chassis for any broken/shorted connections, and verified no wires came loose from their pins. swapped MP board and S, M, M2 relays from spare chassis and no change.

Is this locked in instructomat? and if so, how can i un-lock it? thanks.

Well since there is no 24 to the sweep and table coils which also means no cycle and because you replaced CB3 which protects the T1 secondary I would check that breaker and its connections first. Maybe the breaker is tripped or bad. CB2 protects the T2 primary which is the managers control transformer, I would check that one too.

Comment

im going to put the fuses back in and give it a shot tomorrow morning.

Comment

Also check the center ice cube.
        70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
        Prolane Walker sport

Comment

swapped back in the fuses and rechecked the wiring. already swapped the M relay. no changes

Comment

Hmm, that's strange.

When you power it up and zero it with the sweep and table already at zero, from the back can you change ball cycles- 1st to 2nd, etc?

If it worked fine before and the only things you did was replace C1/C2 and CB2&3 then there's gotta be a wire or two off somewhere with one of those.

None of the other breaker/fuses are tripped?

Can you run the sweep from the back?

This sounds like something the SS chassis do when they blow the F3 fuse- no sweep and table, this is why I was suggesting that.

Check in here:

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...Pinout-drawing

to find where the manager's control circuit wires enter the chassis.

Comment

cycle, step, sweep run all have no response. nothing is blown.

Comment

ive traced every wire and compared locations to the working spare. all are to the exact same locations. the spare runs, the original one doesnt.

btw, my machines are not exact pinouts to that schematic.

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
                  cycle, step, sweep run all have no response. nothing is blown.
                  Ok if the sweep and table are at zero when you power on the machine and program zero it and then you cannot change ball cycles before you cycle it that could mean the chassis is not zeroing.

Comment

when you click the Program Zero on the chassis, it pauses and then back end kicks back on like it normally would when pressed.

Comment

Ok so it is zeroing.

Can you run the sweep/table from the cams?

This is strange.

Comment

I will check in the morning. This one for sure is a pita. Wouldn't expect anything different lol.

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
                          ive traced every wire and compared locations to the working spare. all are to the exact same locations. the spare runs, the original one doesnt.

btw, my machines are not exact pinouts to that schematic.
                          What are the wiring changes in your machines?

Comment

I keep going back to the fact that it was working fine before the C1/C2, CB2/CB3 were worked on- so without seeing it in person it makes me think something is going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                              What are the wiring changes in your machines?
                              I'll get back to you on that. Been busy with a leaky roof.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse