Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous sweep run

It's been a few years since I've worked on an 82/70 but here is what I have done. Got a continuous sweep run, MP chassis, boss scoring.

1. swapped chassis with known good chassis problem stayed with machine.
    2. replaced SA switch
    3. replaced sweep run and sweep reverse switches.
    4. replaced entire C1 cable harness because of some bad wires and numerous splices.
    5. cleaned terminal strips of debris

If I turn the sweep switch off the sweep will stop, tried zeroing out the chassis.

Thanks for any help
    Mike
    Mike

I don't know if this is a stupid question. Did you gauge the the sweep cam levers? Say SA, SB, and SC
    Thanks,
    Rick

Comment

If the sweep stops when you turn off the sweep switch, then I would figure it's a low voltage short circuit somewhere in the sweep run circuit. C2A-21D (sweep run switch on control box) or C2A-29s (TS-31/SA) could be shorted to ground somewhere. That's all I can come up with given your description, it sounds like you've already covered a lot of bases.
      82-70 MP Pinsetters+Humpback/Light Ball Clutch/Rocket Rails
      *Monitor repair for Steltronic Elex/SuperElex system! Send me PM!

Comment

I like the low voltage short.

Comment

I ran jumper wires to eliminate the machine wires from c2a plug to both the sa switch and sweep run switch. Problem still exists. This one has me stumped. Any other ideas?

Thanks
          Mike

Comment

You've eliminated the AMC circuit to remove the scoring input from this lane I take it?

Comment

Yes I don't even have that cable plugged in.

I tried another chassis just to make sure and the sweep would run and the relay wasn't even energized. So I believe its a machine issue and not a chassis issue.
              Mike

Comment

SA out of adjustment:

1. Sweep runs up, down and starts to clear deck a second time as the table spots pins. Table and sweep stop because of interlock.

SA out of adjustment too far out:

1. Continuous sweep run.

SBetermines the 1st guard position of the sweep and initiates table spotting.

SB out of adjustment too far in:

1. After cycle starts, sweep runs continuously.

2. 1st ball - after time delay the table comes down, sweep starts and stops under the table as it comes down to respot pins, table stops.

SC: Lets the chassis know the sweep is in range of being hit by the table.

SC out of adjustment too far out:

1. 1st ball - sweep down, table down about halfway and stops. Table will not move by lifting TA or SA
                If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

I've eliminated the sweep cams and sweep run switch from the c2a plug and still have a sweep run. Nothing in the wire way shorting things out. The table doesn't even attempt to run unless I force it to.
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MCSS View Post
                    Yes I don't even have that cable plugged in.

I tried another chassis just to make sure and the sweep would run and the relay wasn't even energized. So I believe its a machine issue and not a chassis issue.
                    Wait a minute, are you saying the sweep is running without the contactor being pulled in? How is that possible? If not which relay are you referring to?

Comment

Motor? Always engaged.
                      SW contacts
                      Wires
                      Rotating SW
                      M2=Sweep
                      Last edited by felix; 05-31-2013, 05:29 PM.
                      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

You said the sweep would stop if the sweep switch was turned off? But the sweep runs without the sweep contactor being engaged? If that's the case, then I think something is fundamentally wrong with the wiring.

If the sweep runs without the contactor, it has to be shorted to hot somewhere... follow smp-x backwards until you find where it's getting power. If not smp-x, I'd unplug the sweep and test test each pin to see which one has 120V for whatever reason and go backwards...

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...highlight=gman

Comment

I can't see how the sweep can possibly run without the contactor engaged. Even if the motor had a direct connection to a hot source, the braking circuit should still be active.....The only thing I can think of is the wiring on the machine side of C1. Have you verified the sweep motor wiring to C1 is correct?
                            jim8230

Comment

Good point! Looking at the circuit again, with the contactor disengaged, I was wondering if a hot short to smp-x/ct/y would cause a capacitor to blow? I've had caps blow from the points sticking on old AB relays, I think that's basically the same circuit. Hot shorts to smp-nil and smp-z should cause a breaker to blow... but for sure, bad things would happen in that case, lol...

If the contactor is engaged, I think the problem would have to be a low voltage short powering the contactor.
                              Last edited by Bowling_Bias; 06-02-2013, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse