Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Green Carpets

I have recently installed 4 splawn clean greens and will install for all 21 lanes, and I am searching for the best methods of cleaning. At the moment we are cleaning them 2 times a week with 50/50 alcohal and water, very little, on a rag. Just looking for suggestions from some of the more experienced mechanics here. Thanks
    The Scrub.

A lot of people use lane cleaner. Although some believe it can damage the belt over time. Some people just use a dry rag. Personally... I almost never clean them and don't really have issues even with kickers
    Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

^ Same, couple times a year with Dawn soap and water or Windex and wipe. (no harsh chemicals)

Comment

we have just used simple cleaning products and some water if they are real bad ill use a mop on it but only if I can let it dry over night. Lane cleaner seems like it is just wasting money I know lane cleaner aint cheap so why waste expensive lane cleaner when simple degreaser or dawn soap will work just fine just my opinion though
        the Petersen classic its on my bucket list, yup I'm a nerd

Comment

we have a few of the green belts and some of the amf red ones so far I have seen if you don't clean the splawn belts it will show awfully quick
          the Petersen classic its on my bucket list, yup I'm a nerd

Comment

I agree the green may look oily, but they don't collect the dirt any different. As Jon has said even with kickers (me too) they don't have issues.

Comment

I have been using "geenies" for 5 yrs. Only time they get cleaned is if BE motor drips oil. Not very often, I repair leakers. Sure do LOOK dirty but no issues
              Go Pirates

Comment

I would assume they would have a similar make up to that of the new red QAMF Carpets, which we clean once every 2 weeks when we change pins on a given pair of lanes. We use very diluted Simple Green, doesn't seem to damage the plasticisers and still cleans the conditioner etc off them really well. We spray it on and then dry them.
                AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Any type of belt that is PVC should be cleaned with chemicals that are not harsh. Lane cleaner is too expensive, and too harsh. I'm a dry rag kind of guy, but if a chemical is needed, diluted dish liquid or a heavy diluted simple green should be ok. What's important is to wipe it dry, and that should be the cardinal rule with any cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
                    What's important is to wipe it dry, and that should be the cardinal rule with any cleaning.

Absolutely, can't allow anything that is meant to be dry to stay wet.
                    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I think this need to mop and clean pit carpets is excessive.

Comment

I just like clean machines, I think I may even tend to be at times anal and a bit OCD about machine cleaning. I just hate dirty, greasy or dusty anything. And that comes down to my carpets as well. When we do a pinchange we clean carpets, plows, pinwheels, o pans, pin guide rails etc.

Comment

I am a fan of dry rags. Poly V dist belt and AMF black ball lift belt once a week. IF my weekend guy does it.
                          I must be understaffed. When do you have time to clean? How many "back end" people should you have in a busy 22 lane house?
                          Just me and the weekend B (for babysitter in this case) mech.
                          Go Pirates

Comment

Honestly it's me a full time night guy and a weekend pin chaser. As far as the tips much appreciated everyone.

Comment

Also it really is a 21 lane center

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse