Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solenoid Sticking

My lane has had some intermitten problem going on for a couple days now, where the table solenoid will stick after placing a new rack of pins down, then after bowler throws, it will try and put new pins on top of existing pins. Then we just push the plunger on the solenoid back down and it will run for awhile before sticking again. We have tried new chassis, new solenoid, adjusting table cams, making sure springs are good in assembly, adjusting carb link. What am I missing on it?

Perhaps the solenoid plunger on both solenoids you have tried has some slop in it with can cause a bind (Can be fixed with a hammer and punch) that or the lever mechanism that goes to the carb link is sloppy with can cause the solenoid plunger to create slop with creates the first problem I stated. All in all I would double check that my entire mechanism is free of side to side play.

Comment

Any bindage can and will overcome the small return spring when IT feels like it. Instead of pulling up the solenoid try pushing down on the hook for the spot cam and release slowly and see how fast it returns home,bindage may show here.
      70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
      Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Do you have the little rubber washers on the screws where the soleoid mounts? I built up a couple solenoids without them and realized my mistake when they started sticking because of no washers.
        Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

Yes rubber washers are installed. Everything moves smoothly and it happens about every couple dozen cycles. Very frustrating

Comment

I'm still betting on something having a little play in it. Iv had this happen on my machines and on my lane machine. I would def check the side to side tolerance of the entire mechanism. Operating it by hand can indicate (some) mechanical binds but not all of them.

Comment

The shuttle blocking finger bolt can cause this too. If it does not allow the blocking finger to sit all the way down it can force the table into spotting as it also keeps the spot latch and table drive trip lever down. There must be some clearance between the head of this stop bolt and the blocking finger, if this adjustment was already close and something else has become worn this can happen.... or maybe the jam nut has become loose and the bolt has turned itself out. Easy thing to check and correct.

Comment

^ yes, I had the shuttle cam roller come loose and the clearance on the stop bolt was gone and it would slip off.

Comment

That also makes good sense. I forgot all about the stop bolt.

Comment

I will be defiantly be looking at all that tomorrow. Thanks everybody

Comment

Not that I really helped but your very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by MR FIXIT View Post
                        Not that I really helped but your very welcome.
                        You might have a crack in the table drive shaft at the shuttle cam causing the shuttle rod to move forward holding on to the stop bolt. I have seen this happen a few times in the past.

Comment

Wasn't my problem man lol but that is another plausible cause of the OPs problem.

Comment

spot and respot link assy
                            check spring,pin-spring hanger and hanger-spring
                            hope the weld is not broke
                            If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse