Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power surges??

Ok, here is yet another from my wonderful center! #23 was running I bowled it myself for at least an hour, we shut it off and now it will not come back on. I swapped chassis and in the process I found a wire had snapped off the the C1 Plug. I fixed this wire and plugged it in to the chassis, at which time I had one of my techs check the main breaker box to see if it had tripped the main breaker, he said it was tripped and that he reset it. I plugged in the russel stovel plug and heard the machine "click" I tried to cycle the machine, it did not work, so I tried to run the table and sweep from the relays in the chassis, they would run from the relays and the cam swichs but not from anywhere else. Ok, now if any of you remember I just had a lane do this to me so I ran to the office and grabbed the M relay that I had rapped with a rubber band [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] I tried this because it alowed me to run the last machine till I could find the problem, not the case on this machine. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] So I looked in the MCU at the lil pink wires on terminals 5 and 6 I believe as this is what ended up to be the problem on the other lane, again not the case here [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Any Ideas on this one guys??
    beware of attack mechanic

Re: power surges??

Oh, and I also had a cpu on lanes 1 and 2 that started to reboot about every 5 to 10 mins. The counter guy said that he noticed that when the cpu rebooted the ATM machine would blink on and off! I turned off the ATM machine and the cpu hasn't rebooted since! Could there be surges that are cause'n these problems. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

The ATM may have a problem (shorted wire, etc...), but (and I'm speaking from the experience of working on them) the ATM doesn't pull all that much power.. basically, it's a PC with some special hardware on it.

The circuit it's connected to may be overloaded somewhere along the line, too. When I was a PC tech, I ran into that a lot. I'd get called out for a computer that was acting up, only to find out that the secretary (with the pi$$ in her blood) next door had a space heater set for London Broil plugged into the same line as the malfunctioning computer.

Power surges and sags can do some strange things with electronics... as well as some serious damage. I'm a firm believer in surge protectors, or even better, battery backup surge protectors (UPS's) for controlling power fluctuations.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

This sounds a lot like the time my "helper" turned the masking unit switch off so the lane machine would not reset the machine. I beat my brains out for 3 hours before he said i didn't turn the masking switch back on! DUH!!! We had to transfer the 2 teams to another pair of lanes because of this.
        Anyway im sure thats not the case you have but I thought i'd bring it up anyway. We have a bad problem with surges too, but never been in this situation.
        Remember no one is perfect no matter how good we are!

Comment

If you are having a lot of issues with power, my suggestion is to call your power company and have them come out and monitor the line or locations where you are having problems. We had some problems like this last summer and they brought a little box that plugged into the outlets or areas where you were experiencing problems and it would record if there were spikes or drops I believe they call brown outs. After doing this they reset my meter (I think disconnected it and reseated the connection) and I added two UPS in key locations up front and since then we have had no problems since then. I strongly agree with them about the UPSs.

Comment

I'm not sure if this would cause your curcuit breaker to pop but as far as other electrical problems, try checking to make sure your R.S. plug's are wired correctly. We were having problems with scoring, motors running hot, stray voltage readings, etc. Someone said check your Russel plugs. With machine off, test for voltage at the spotting solinode. You should read no volage. If you get a reading(120 volts AC), your common and hot wires are reversed. Sure enough, we had 11 out of 24 machines wired wrong. I've only worked here for three months but would I like to get my hands on the guy responsible for that snafu. Can cause all kinds of wierd things to happen house wide.
            Give the most difficult task to the laziest workers. They will eventually find the easiest possible way of getting it done!

Comment

Ok will be checking the R.S. plug as soon as I get in! Any other Ideas guys, I'm just about to blow a major gasket with this place! These machines, its like their possesed by some wierd demons! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse