Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-spot set up

hi all,
    i was wondering how you go about the set up for the re-spot cycle,i normally crank the table down till its 6 inches from the deck,then adjust the table cams accordingly,is there an easier way?
    thanks

Re: re-spot set up

Do you have a AMF Manual? I'd start from there. I have my own way of doing it but it would get really lengthy trying to explain it over this forum.
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Start by realizing that the workings of the entire respot system is contained within the table itself. In other words, it can be totally set up with the table on a bench (or 55-gallon drum). This includes finger closed gap (locking, cam link stop screw), finger opening (bell crank & carb links), opening-while-spotting (cam link & 1/4" rod).
      Once the table asssembly is installed into the machine, the only adjustment to make is the timing via the respot connecting rod. Many people are more comfortable with the respot system once they understand this.
      BTW: same applies to both steel and aluminum tables.

Comment

Setting up the re-spot cells is best done with the table at its lowest position. This way you know the finger cells will be at there most open position. From here you can follow the steps in the manual from bell crank to re-spot rod length.

When adjusting the cells on the floor, pull at the cells respot finger, and test for resistance. If the respot finger springs back, then adjust the rod, as the cell is too tight. The finger should not spring back and yet not be able to be closed too far. Once the 7, 4, 2 and 1 fingers are set, grab the wire way of them cells and pull at it. The fingers should not move at all. If there is play in the finger cells go back and re-adjust the rod lengths. This can be done for each row. Ie, the 3, 5, 8. Then the 6, 9. And finally the 10 pin cell.
        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

nice one Alistair.remember to set the pawl when the table is up at zero and also check the cell closed gaps using the shuttle guage.
          maister

Comment

iam sorry,i meant the re-spot set up when the table is running,how to set the correct hight for the table to come down and pick the pins up etc.
            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by evertonfc:
              how to set the correct hight for the table to come down and pick the pins up etc.
              thanks
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Adjusted by the clevis. Each 1/2 turn adjustment = 1/8" of table movement up or down, depending if the clevis was shortened or lengthened, repsectively.
              What exactly is the problem you are having? Standing pins hitting backs of cups on respot? Table hitting pindeck on spot?
              "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

cups hitting pins mainly,just wanted to know if anyone had a easier option.
                thanks

Comment

You'll need to go through the entire table, yoke, and cup adjustments as one adjustment can have an effect on the other. Unfortunately, there is no easy way around this. Sure, I can tell you to lengtehn the stop bolt on the front yoke leg until the pins do not hit the cups anymore, but then you would have to go and adjust all the cups to compensate for this so they don't fall over on spot. Even then, they probably won't be legal 'cause they'd be more than 1/4" off-spot. As you can see, you can be chasing your tail to no end.
                  But, in the meantime, check for any excess wear in table components that might have sprung up to cause the "all of a sudden problem".
                  Ensure bearings in clevis rod end are good; blown bearings will cause what you described.
                  -Blown bearings in table legs.
                  -Loose table drive on shaft causing excess bounce and freefall.
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Id also like to add to make sure your table is level throughout. If its lower at one end and higher at the opposite, the lower end will be more likely to have the cups touch the pins on respot.

Wang

Comment

Check and see you didnt lose the clevis bearing and all of a sudden have a 1/2" further drop now. Also check table leg bearings to see you havent crushed one. Otherwise, it doesnt take long to go through your table adjustments and you'll feel all warm and fuzzy afterwards.
                      The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Hey, thats true. Its a good feeling after completing the full table set-up.
                        I might add Maister was the one who instructed me on the re-spot cell procedure. This is a great set-up detail as the fingers are set when at there fullest open. Maister went on to describe the last few steps to it which I missed out.

I too have a few lanes which the pins interfere with the cups on re-spot. Generally I set the table up as far back as it can go, Around 8 1/4 to 8 1/2 inches from the back of the 7 and 10 pin spots. Sometimes I move the table forward slightly or adjust the spot rod and re-align the spotting cups to gain clearance, also raise the table by the clevis adjustment helps too.
                        This problem I feel could be due to front machine not being set level too the pin deck, or sitting at the correct height off the deck also. The machine may need lowered toward the deck. It should sit at the sweet height of 19 1/4 inches plus or minus a quarter inch. Table levelness, as mentioned, is also crucial.
                        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse