Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Welds

Some times, you happen across a rake arm that has been welded ONE too many times. Really!!! If you can't weld, get it done professionally!

Rake Arm too many welds.jpg

What was your worst photographed rake arm?
    "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
    Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Looks like an attempt at art? I've seen one, not as bad, in another centre. When I'm there next I'll snap a pic.

Judging from the pic, there looks like a decent amount of space behind the machines. That would be nice.

I also like the triangular pin deflectors. Might make those next time I cut some up.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Well I am going to take a stab in the dark and say they were using flux core wire with the feed rate set a little too fast (okay, like superman fast.)
      If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Wow Lonnie

That might just be the worst one i have seen now

Mike
        DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

If you did not say what it was I would have never guessed!
          70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
          Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
            Judging from the pic, there looks like a decent amount of space behind the machines. That would be nice.
            Kanga, here is a couple of shots from the back end of this center.

Photo10231.jpgPhoto10251.jpgPhoto10261.jpg

Wouldn't it be great if every center had this much space?
            "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
            Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

Looks like a Mud Dobbers nest LOL

Comment

First thing I'd do is build a workshop to escape that noise. Thanks for snapping the pics Lonnie.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga View Post
                  First thing I'd do is build a workshop to escape that noise. Thanks for snapping the pics Lonnie.

WHAT??? SPEAK UP I CAN'T HEAR YOU lol
                  jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

I think I know the bloke who did that weld.....
                    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

we used to have full gates on our pinsetters, we only have 2.5 feet behind our pinsetters I would cry if I had that much room behind ours.

Comment

Had a center like that. Tons of room.

I have seen those kind of welds before but never that bad.

I did come across a rake arm that had a broom stick taped to the outside of the broken arm...with clear packing tape. I pulled on it and it came right off. Can't believe the mechanic from the night before thought the repair was acceptable.
                        TSM & TSM Training Development
                        Main Event Entertainment
                        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

WOW, could only imagine the size of the building that center is in.
                          Real bad weld!!! Did that even penetrate!!??
                          I guess they liked to weld a lot at this center. Dont know how good they did. Havent come across anything that bad yet! But judging by the rolls of duct tape, I think the Head Mechanic took the easy way out.
                          IMG_2266.jpgIMG_2368.jpg
                          Here's a few welds we got around here. Had to weld the lane machine a week ago, and we even hired someone. (I dont like that weld... but whatever...) That pit frame looks like there was a lot of grind time!
                          Attached Files
                          "...rookie" *points to me"

Comment

There are folks out there that just should not be allowed near a welder. Unfortunately...some of them work in bowling centers.

I find it amazing when talking with someone that has done a weld like that...they think they are a good welder.
                            TSM & TSM Training Development
                            Main Event Entertainment
                            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Lonnie_Mitchell View Post
                              Some times, you happen across a rake arm that has been welded ONE too many times. Really!!! If you can't weld, get it done professionally!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4744[/ATTACH]

What was your worst photographed rake arm?
                              Thats not a rake shaft, its one of the torches used on Fox's 'Survivor'.
                              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X