Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Morning 4 to 1 Fun

Nice job to start off the week.

We took it off the machine where it had stopped - deck was lifting standing pins on 1st ball with the rake at about the 4-5-6 line (it was almost impossible to turn the wormshaft in either direction even with the gearbox clutch off the machine and trying to turn the wormshaft with an old clutch cone with an extension bar welded onto it).

We supported the deck assembly from underneath then disconnected the deck lowering link. I then turned the 1:1 by hand to rotate the gearbox back to zero degrees and held in that position with a detector timing pin. The rest of the job was easy from there.

Only the 2nd 4:1 I've done in nearly 25 years on Brunswick A/A2's. Last one was in 1999.

And the wormshaft?! Ouch...
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Hi, James.

Yep - it's a beauty, isn't it?

And, the bottom of the gearbox was full of bronze pieces, of course.

We're now going to look at getting some more of the spring loaded crank links for this lane (lane 1) and lanes 4-8 (2&3 already have them). We get a lot of rake hits - especially during work functions when people sometimes have a bit too much to drink.

Comment

Don't think I've ever seen a worm damaged like that... Find any "foreign" parts in the bottom of the gearbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritzmech View Post
          Don't think I've ever seen a worm damaged like that... Find any "foreign" parts in the bottom of the gearbox?
          Not as far as I could see. Just quite a bit of 'sludge' and small bronze pieces. Couldn't see anything from the broken wormshaft, I don't know if that broke off in one piece or if it gradually broke up a small piece at a time? Didn't really have time to have a good look.

I'll have a look through the old oil (which is still in the container I drained it into) when I go in tomorrow.

Comment

I had the same issue last year. Surprise!!!!!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick All - Bearing Life

In relation to the recent “B Shaft” failure, I thought I would throw this subject on the table for discussion. I remember when I attended a “Bearing Life” seminar long...

Preventative Maintenance Brunswick A Jets A2 - SC/Dk Pulley Assembly

Found a bad left needle bearing in the Scissor / Deck Cable Assembly at the Rear Wall House. Needle Bearings are falling out and there is a pile of metal under it. Been 30+...

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick B-10's Hollar House

Took a trip back in time to the classic “Hollar House”. The lanes went in in 1908. There was no ABC but according to the current operator, Tom, it became sanctioned when...

Table support assembly

My night at part job all 32 lanes going of leagues no where to move. Table support assembly broke rod broke # 2 Cell and bent the heck out of wire channel. Changed the Cell,...

Foul Light LED Mod

Here is a mod I came up with for a foul light unit. I was able to remove the old indicator light bulbs and replace them with ultra bright white LEDs. This should work for about...
            Working...
            X