Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Morning 4 to 1 Fun

Nice job to start off the week.

We took it off the machine where it had stopped - deck was lifting standing pins on 1st ball with the rake at about the 4-5-6 line (it was almost impossible to turn the wormshaft in either direction even with the gearbox clutch off the machine and trying to turn the wormshaft with an old clutch cone with an extension bar welded onto it).

We supported the deck assembly from underneath then disconnected the deck lowering link. I then turned the 1:1 by hand to rotate the gearbox back to zero degrees and held in that position with a detector timing pin. The rest of the job was easy from there.

Only the 2nd 4:1 I've done in nearly 25 years on Brunswick A/A2's. Last one was in 1999.

And the wormshaft?! Ouch...
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Hi, James.

Yep - it's a beauty, isn't it?

And, the bottom of the gearbox was full of bronze pieces, of course.

We're now going to look at getting some more of the spring loaded crank links for this lane (lane 1) and lanes 4-8 (2&3 already have them). We get a lot of rake hits - especially during work functions when people sometimes have a bit too much to drink.

Comment

Don't think I've ever seen a worm damaged like that... Find any "foreign" parts in the bottom of the gearbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritzmech View Post
          Don't think I've ever seen a worm damaged like that... Find any "foreign" parts in the bottom of the gearbox?
          Not as far as I could see. Just quite a bit of 'sludge' and small bronze pieces. Couldn't see anything from the broken wormshaft, I don't know if that broke off in one piece or if it gradually broke up a small piece at a time? Didn't really have time to have a good look.

I'll have a look through the old oil (which is still in the container I drained it into) when I go in tomorrow.

Comment

I had the same issue last year. Surprise!!!!!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
            seems like pms were not done in a long time
            and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
            Working...
            X