Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very very easy and fast to install.

We got told they should stop Pins getting stuck in the corner section when the pins turn around, but somehow they still get stuck, in fact they seem to slow down the pins when they go up the little slope (which isn't helping at all with the problem). So all in all i am not that impressed how they perform at the corner sections.

So i went ahead and though, why not use them somewhere else and i Installed one here:

So far it seems to work perfectly, the belt is not jumping or vibrating at all and it also has a much higher heat resistance compared to the rubber belts and will not melt if there are too many balls/pins on the transport belt. I like how fast you can adjust the lenght of them, without waiting forever for the welding iron to heat up. I will let it run like this for now and will tell you if anything changed.

Oh and also yesterday one of the green belt in a corner section broke and i though: "hmm why not take the link belt". So i ran to my box took a piece (had allready the right lenght from testing) and just swaped it in, without any tools while the machine was running. And after the folks stopped playing i welded the green belt back in. I can see that beeing pretty handy during tournaments or if all lanes are busy.

Let me know if any of you also worked with these and if they are working for you better in the corner sections. Maybe our pins are to dirty, i will try cleaning a set and test again.

Talking about your cross over belts, did you do the modification that reduces the angle of the cross over?
    Bobbie Bees

Comment

I think my pre-ex-mechanics reduced the angle once, but i heared there is a manual going around to complely level them. Would be interessted in that oneif you have it!

Comment

we use the red kegal belts on our crossovers only issue we have with them if we dont clean them for a while they will start slipping but not much.
        i have one thats a little big i can slide it on and off with my hand and stilll works fine actually been on there for a while
        we havent changed the angles of the pulleys either and working fine since bruinswick installed 3yrs ago
        we started testing out kegal orange belts where you put this one at
        as for the belt flopping around we just cut ours a couple inches short from factory to solve that issue

Comment

We reduced the angle of our corner belts on our GS-92's when we received the service bulletin from Brunswick nearly 20 years ago.

We had half of our GS-92's replaced with GSX's 2 years ago and they all came with the corner belts set to the original higher height. I would've thought that if a service bulletin had gone out to lower them then this would be factory standard by now but it seems not.

We've had to lower a few of them on the GSX's where we were having problems with the pins just seeming to be too heavy and the belts not able to carry them onto the next set of belts.

This was especially a problem when a pin just so happened to reach the corner belts at the same time as the distributor motor stopping. On the pinsetter restarting the pin would just sit there. it would either get knocked through by the next pin or block the following pins and cause a pile up.

We have a few belts cut to a slightly longer length than the manual states with a hole drilled through each end about 10mm from the cut edge. During an emergency we just install a belt with a cable tie through the holes to hold it together. you can put belt on fairly loose then pull cable tie to tighten. Not too much though or the tension will snap the cable tie.

Thanks

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by geks View Post
            We reduced the angle of our corner belts on our GS-92's when we received the service bulletin from Brunswick nearly 20 years ago.
            Did you just lower the angle a bit or did you completly level them?

Comment

Originally posted by Odai View Post

Did you just lower the angle a bit or did you completly level them?
              Angle just lowered as per service bulletin. Think we drilled one new hole 15mm below original hardware fixing. This didn't level them. I think if they were level would the pins not get caught or knocked on the turn plates?

I'll have a look and see what they would look like level.

Cheers

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by geks View Post
                Angle just lowered as per service bulletin. Think we drilled one new hole 15mm below original hardware fixing. This didn't level them. I think if they were level would the pins not get caught or knocked on the turn plates?

I'll have a look and see what they would look like level.

Cheers

Stu
                Jeah i just tried that on one corner section and it seems to work much better, about time that someone does that now after these things are here for 21 years xD

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick All - Bearing Life

In relation to the recent “B Shaft” failure, I thought I would throw this subject on the table for discussion. I remember when I attended a “Bearing Life” seminar long...

Preventative Maintenance Brunswick A Jets A2 - SC/Dk Pulley Assembly

Found a bad left needle bearing in the Scissor / Deck Cable Assembly at the Rear Wall House. Needle Bearings are falling out and there is a pile of metal under it. Been 30+...

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick B-10's Hollar House

Took a trip back in time to the classic “Hollar House”. The lanes went in in 1908. There was no ABC but according to the current operator, Tom, it became sanctioned when...

Table support assembly

My night at part job all 32 lanes going of leagues no where to move. Table support assembly broke rod broke # 2 Cell and bent the heck out of wire channel. Changed the Cell,...

Foul Light LED Mod

Here is a mod I came up with for a foul light unit. I was able to remove the old indicator light bulbs and replace them with ultra bright white LEDs. This should work for about...
                Working...
                X