Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table height at distributer

I am new to the field and have noticed that at my center, on the majority of the machines, the table only comes up just high enough to release the pins. Some machines throw the same pin loading time out codes over and over which has me running around and looking like I have no clue what I am doing to league members. I know that the table should be about 140 +-5 mm from the swing shaft. On our machines that measurement is between 190 and 260mm. The pin release levers can't be adjusted downward anymore. When you factor in the table not being completely level or the cam timing being slightly off this creates a lot of work. I used to work on aircraft and can read tech data very well so this adjustment may look daunting but I believe I am capable of doing it in less than 30 minutes. And that is with me following the manual and inspecting my own work three times before I turn it on. I am sure there are people that can do it in five but I have not done this yet. I have looked through the forum but have not found an answer to this. However I found someone who made a post explaining this adjustment very well which I will post below, and using the manual and that I am confident I can perform it and all the follow on maintenance that could arise due to the height change. Should I leave the table extremely far from the distributor or adjust it to within specs? If the table height is within specs is there a higher chance of something being broken on the table or distributer due to pin jams? Does anyone think that running them like that would be more cost effective or should we change the table height to within specs? Is it better to play it safe and not have the table come up to within specs, or would that just make operating cost go up due to pins dropping very far and so forth? Thanks for taking the time to read this and any input either way is appreciated.

Adjust table heights at home, setting and detection heights according to the manual. However if these adjustments have been out for a while it is likely that you might find other things out of adjustment once these are corrected.

Always better to find these things and get them sorted though.

Stu.

Comment

Thanks for your input. Do you think that the previous mechanics may have done this on purpose? If the table height at the distributer is set to about 215mm, is there less of a chance of something breaking if the table is set at a lower height? Is there something I am unaware of here. Our budget is tight and if I correct these things and put the machines within specs, does anyone know if that would cause more problems due to J1's or swing arms breaking etc because the table is coming up higher. I personally think the opposite but I would like to hear from someone with more experience than I. I am aware of the amount of adjustments that may need to be done because of a table height change, especially if it's changed at the deck. Has anyone ran Gs-X machines like this and is it more cost effective to to keep the table far from the distributer, or is that actually creating more problems?

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinset...ght-adjustment

Comment

Originally posted by geks View Post
          Adjust table heights at home, setting and detection heights according to the manual. However if these adjustments have been out for a while it is likely that you might find other things out of adjustment once these are corrected.

Always better to find these things and get them sorted though.

Stu.
          Exactly. Essentially, the machines have 'gotten used to' running at this level (even if it's not too smooth). Once you start to put the machine back to near specs, it will uncover or lead to several adjustments and issues -- it's all about timing with the operations. Since it sounds like you have access to a book, get into Section 1 to get a general sense of how the items function. Get into section 4 to understand the timing of the switches and cycle operations. The adjustments in section 5 in particular to start with should be 17 and 18 then taking care of the rest of the issues as they present themselves. Bear in mind, these adjustments are done with a brand new machine in mind -- so they aren't necessarily 100% going to be spot on with a used/abused pinsetter -- but they are the proper points to start.

Keeping all that in mind - make sure you are following the safety rules for your area when doing any of this. Working on these - like working on aircraft - can be dangerous if not careful. IF your center does not have a safety guide in place, help devise one.

Comment

Thanks for your time guys. I have spent most of my free time lately reading through the entire manual over and over learning more each time. I will revisit all which you pointed out. I am doing my best to follow all the safety rules, even ones that are not required at my center. Currently, I am talking to my manager about revising some of the things we do as far as safety goes. We have had our machines about 12 years I believe and they are really not in that bad of shape they just need some preventative/scheduled maintenance things done and everything adjusted back to near specs. My center has gone through it's share of mechanics in the past few years and I am sure that hasn't helped either. I am trying my best to learn the correct way of doing things and am working to get everyone on the same page. I am being told that in the near future we will have down time to start correcting these things and I am trying to get ahead of the curve.

Comment

Another thing I'd check when doing table height adjustments is to see if there is any wear or damage on your table pivot bearing. This is the bearing on the end of the table lift chain.

If the centre of this bearing is worn then it will affect your table height when changed, or if not changed it will gradually get worse.

I've had this problem recently and table heights on a few pinsetters had dropped by 10mm+ which led to the grippers on pin holders not making some of the release levers properly.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I actually found the inside coupler of a bearing in the gutter on my second day of work so this is something I have made myself aware of. Luckily that one was caught before the pivot bearing was rendered unserviceable. Last week when I went to change the height of one of the tables I found another one missing but that one had worn the crank arm down about an eighth of an inch all the way around. If I remember correctly that is supposed to be inspected semi-annually and oiled monthly, so who knows how long it's been like that. We have another like that but there is not money in the budget for it right now is what I was told. That's something that worries me because it's a huge safety concern of mine. IMO, Brunswick should have issued some type of change to the retaining clip that holds it on. Seems like it doesn't take long for it to get worn to the point where it can fall out, especially since that arm rotates. During install of that clip it should at least say install from top to bottom. I may try to put a piece of rubber tubing like RC gas line on the end to kinda hold the ends together. We'll see.

Comment

When I checked ours after finding the first one that was wearing down I found that some of them didn't have anything retaining the pivot bearing on!

We now use either a chunky split pin or a hitch pin.

With regards to the worn crank arm, I believe that people have used a pivot bearing from another manufacturer that is made of tougher stuff but if not kept lubed up at very regular intervals then its the crank arm that suffers and not the bearing.

Cheers

Stu

Comment

Noted, thanks.

Comment

Kegel is the source for the competitor pivot bearing, all metal but definitely keep it lubricated. Table height is a great source of frustration. Definitely until you get the machines safe, definitely put a floor jack under the table for your own safety. Good luck

Comment

Thanks Gene I will look into Kegels pivot bearing

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                        Working...
                        X