Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins getting gouged

Has anyone ever had this problem of the pins getting gouged?
    I have one lane pair that is just chewing the pins up. There is nothing visibly sticking out on either lane but this is the only lane pair that is doing it.

Check your " Foot Caps " which is underneath the sweeper. (black plastic square) (One on each end) Those could be missing and the metal edges are actually rough so they can easily be gouging them.

Comment

Wow....where are all the shavings collecting at? Behind the pit? Lt or Rt side? Distributor collection pan? Aside from the suggestion Eric gave of checking the sweep bottoms, follow the crumbs and work back from there. There could be a flat gutter screw that looks secure but isn't and with the vibrations and bouncing of pins catches them or the screws on the side of the pin deck molding.

Comment

check the over flow socks if not adjusted properly they can hit the corner of the pin deflector and damage pins and over flow socks

Comment

Originally posted by loadtoad View Post
          Wow....where are all the shavings collecting at? Behind the pit? Lt or Rt side? Distributor collection pan? Aside from the suggestion Eric gave of checking the sweep bottoms, follow the crumbs and work back from there. There could be a flat gutter screw that looks secure but isn't and with the vibrations and bouncing of pins catches them or the screws on the side of the pin deck molding.
          Shavings are everywhere. Behind the pin elevator and the the left and right behind the deflectors. Also some in the shark and the collection pan. I've vacuumed everything out and its all reappearing in the same spots again. Once it hits the transport band it goes everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by PharrMetechs View Post
            check the over flow socks if not adjusted properly they can hit the corner of the pin deflector and damage pins and over flow socks
            Will have to check those. Thanks

Comment

I would think there should be some kind of transfer marks on whatever they are hitting. Another thought is check the black accelerator cover that surrounds the ball door area...those screws can come loose if the red nut plate holders fail.

Comment

The first thing I always check is to make sure the bottom pin deflector is covering the bolt for the elevator pin deflectors

Comment

Check the dizzy frame where the pins come off the shark. That part of the frame can break off and cause damage to pins

Comment

Any head/belly marks and the first thing I go over is the pin station guard tabs for cracks, especially the 7/10 pins.

Comment

I had this same thing happen after I installed pinged extender kits from Brunswick. Your socks have to adjusted and with the extender that adjustment is a lot more sensitive.

Comment

This almost looks like damage I found on one of my old GS-Xs. I'm attaching the photos. Check the pin deflector shoes for broken "toes." These snap off with very little warning and will cause significant damage. Also, since they are right at the rear of the distributor, the shavings fall onto the t-band and will get rattled off in the stations and dust pan. Other that this spot, check your sweep wagon foot caps.

Comment

Looks like pins are hitting the back of ball cushin, where bolt ends are surrounded by a cupped plastic piece. Plastic is worn or missing
                          John

Comment

Check for the correct hardware on the elevator backplate. Manual calls it the, "Damper Plate." We had a few of these issues at my center when I started. Someone before me had done a rushed job and the bolts they had put in to hold the plate were not flush. Had to replace every pin on that lane once we figured it out.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse