Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting tong switch (66)

We have a problem with the error code 66. it seems there is a problem with the switch or anything associated to th spotting tongs. we have replaced the switch, the motor of the table and we have checked the tooth racks of the table but nothing seems to work. the table falls in error when the tongs dont close. the table moves up a small bit and then the error occurs.

anyone have had an issue like this? hope you can help me.

kind regards,

gerard

Originally posted by gerard_-_brand View Post
    We have a problem with the error code 66. it seems there is a problem with the switch or anything associated to th spotting tongs. we have replaced the switch, the motor of the table and we have checked the tooth racks of the table but nothing seems to work. the table falls in error when the tongs dont close. the table moves up a small bit and then the error occurs.

anyone have had an issue like this? hope you can help me.

kind regards,

gerard
    justaskme

Comment

Do you hear a grinding noise before it shuts off? I know when I used to get 76 errors a similar thing would happen. Putting a rubber hose washer in between the big gear on the table and its normal washer has always fixed that issue for me. We normally have the ST timing turned off on our machines and just use the switch cluster for timing so we don't run into 66's

Comment

Watch the machine from the top and see if the rack moves off the switch lever. IF that is stable, then I would trace the wire cable and connection points and look for a loose pin or chafed wire.

Comment

loadtoad will double check the wires. Bking4242 but how do you turn the st timing off? and wont that chance anything in the routine of the machine. cant find anything about this in the manual or internet

Comment

I'm fairly certain you need to have a newer version of the Firmware installed to be able to turn the ST switch off. FIRMWARE v4.97.02 P/N:47-862877-403

Comment

FLEmechanic and my lane knowledge does not go that far haha. i guess i'll run the wires and check them. otherwise i wouldn't know what to do about this issue

Comment

Check your "B" reed switch for proper adjustment. Check the right hand harness to make sure female terminals are not opened or gaped. Check to make sure your clutch isn't too tight and clutch solenoid is engaging!

Comment

you didnt change a tong by any chance if you did could be the wrong tong as there are left and right hand tongs
                  im never wrong just askme

Comment

By any chance the tong clutch solenoid been changed?
                    just keep in mind the solenoid is in a angle correctly this may not be able to engage correctly
                    i had this problem before where it would engage but not make the full rotation

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse