Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX POO Switch Mod

Just a quick question for all you who have worked on GSX machines, have any of you thought about, or have, modded your machines POO switch from the micro switch to using a magnetic reed switch? i never really liked the concept of how Brunswick placed their offspot switch, and the actual mechanics behind it too. I would have thought using something non-contact would be more efficient. Curious about all of your thoughts...

Have not thought having the current setup as being an issue. Cannot really see an advantage to substituting a pass by type sensor. That said, if the OEM setup had a pass by sensor and I hadn't run across major problems (neglect aside), I'd not look to change it either.
    My view.

Comment

Seems to me those reed switches would have to be close to work, & would break every time they got accidentally hit. I'm with you on it looking wacky, but I've only had a handful of issues with them & they were quick & easy to remedy.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Twebb
        GSX Shark Switch
        Twebb
        Hi, got a little problem with one of my sharks, it is not switching at all. ive tried changeing the shark for a working spare, changing the nexgen box and i have traced the continuity...
        12-17-2009, 12:09 PM
      • jday
        GSX Pinholder Switch
        jday
        Since our machines are coming up to 9 years old I have been replacing the plastic part that activates the pin holder switch. (the one with the spring and 2 bumps) I have found...
        11-16-2009, 06:13 AM
      • TheWrench
        J1 codes
        TheWrench
        Hello everyone. I'm new to these GSX machines. Having a machine that throws a J1 code. I thought I had found the issue but I guess I havent. I move the pin cups vertical to horizontal...
        03-20-2015, 07:45 PM
        switch b
        hey guys im a learnin on the 98's just ask Imitchel lol. but anyway on lane 24 tonight had a machine that kept blacking out after the 10 pin only would be picked up. i would...
        03-13-2001, 01:54 AM
      • Pindecked
        RANT: Quality BE. SS start switch...
        Pindecked
        I 've used these for a long time( 15 yrs) ..lately, If I order 5 of them...3 don't work right out of the package. Also the directions say "Long black to terminal...
        08-23-2005, 11:43 AM

Preventative Maintenance Brunswick A Jets A2 - Pin Light Conversion

Rear Wall House was having a big problem with the pin lights. The ends were pretty much worn out from the vibration so duct tape, electrical tape and jiggling the light would...

Detector Rod Adjustment

I am currently doing my first detector rod adjustment. The first thing the book tells you to do is adjust the gap between the oor controller and the blocking surface on the detector...

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...
      Working...
      X