Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX POO Switch Mod

Just a quick question for all you who have worked on GSX machines, have any of you thought about, or have, modded your machines POO switch from the micro switch to using a magnetic reed switch? i never really liked the concept of how Brunswick placed their offspot switch, and the actual mechanics behind it too. I would have thought using something non-contact would be more efficient. Curious about all of your thoughts...

Have not thought having the current setup as being an issue. Cannot really see an advantage to substituting a pass by type sensor. That said, if the OEM setup had a pass by sensor and I hadn't run across major problems (neglect aside), I'd not look to change it either.
    My view.

Comment

Seems to me those reed switches would have to be close to work, & would break every time they got accidentally hit. I'm with you on it looking wacky, but I've only had a handful of issues with them & they were quick & easy to remedy.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Twebb
        GSX Shark Switch
        Twebb
        Hi, got a little problem with one of my sharks, it is not switching at all. ive tried changeing the shark for a working spare, changing the nexgen box and i have traced the continuity...
        12-17-2009, 12:09 PM
      • jday
        GSX Pinholder Switch
        jday
        Since our machines are coming up to 9 years old I have been replacing the plastic part that activates the pin holder switch. (the one with the spring and 2 bumps) I have found...
        11-16-2009, 06:13 AM
      • TheWrench
        J1 codes
        TheWrench
        Hello everyone. I'm new to these GSX machines. Having a machine that throws a J1 code. I thought I had found the issue but I guess I havent. I move the pin cups vertical to horizontal...
        03-20-2015, 07:45 PM
        switch b
        hey guys im a learnin on the 98's just ask Imitchel lol. but anyway on lane 24 tonight had a machine that kept blacking out after the 10 pin only would be picked up. i would...
        03-13-2001, 01:54 AM
      • Pindecked
        RANT: Quality BE. SS start switch...
        Pindecked
        I 've used these for a long time( 15 yrs) ..lately, If I order 5 of them...3 don't work right out of the package. Also the directions say "Long black to terminal...
        08-23-2005, 11:43 AM

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
      Working...
      X