Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout 76

So we have an issue with a lane, the ball goes thru the beam and the gate doesn’t drop and it doesn’t score on the league. The lane blacks out with the error code of 76. Shut the lane off and turn it back on, it swipes the pin and grinds the spotting tong gears. Why does it do this? Any ways to fix this action?

Code 76 means that the machine is looking for the spotting tong switch but it is not being actuated. Check everything that involves the spotting tongs including the switch.
    let me be myself

Comment

Do a search in this forum for grinding tong gears and 76 codes....there are numerous threads that deal with your issue. Solenoid, gears not meshed properly, switches out of adjustment, gaskets, etc.....

Comment

The main gear for the spotting tongs would be causing kickback or grinding. Look for broken teeth. On the same gear there's a smaller gear underneath it, which can also be missing teeth. It would help to take it off and place a rubber washer underneath to prevent the grinding.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bearded_Stu
          spotting tong adjustments + 76 error
          Bearded_Stu
          How to you all set up spotting tongs?

I've gone through the Brunswick Manual, and to be honest, it's a little vague. It says to fully close the tongs but the gear...
          09-06-2010, 03:27 AM
        • Ray Andrews
          Code 76
          Ray Andrews
          GS-98 / I keep getting a code 76......after the tongs pick up the pins and sets them....the tongs open and then crank back to the closed position JUST enough for the tab to go...
          06-03-2003, 01:46 PM
        • davegargamel
          76 codes
          davegargamel
          So lately I've had a couple o' machines give me 76 error codes. When I go to the pinsetter, sure enough the cam is off the microswitch actuator. While watching these offenders...
          11-29-2007, 02:04 AM
        • stephen_hands
          76 code
          stephen_hands
          hey guys

one of my lanes keeps coming up with a <span style="color: #FF0000">76 code </span>and a have checked all the spotting tongs and gears...
          10-11-2011, 12:54 PM
        • LaRu
          Spotting Tongs
          LaRu
          I have been having a problem with a lane dropping pins. We have adjusted the tooth racks, stop blocks, spotting tongs, and replaced some spotting tongs. The problem seems to...
          06-18-2008, 01:24 PM

Detector Rod Adjustment

I am currently doing my first detector rod adjustment. The first thing the book tells you to do is adjust the gap between the oor controller and the blocking surface on the detector...

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...
        Working...
        X