Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Holder Switch Mystery

So this has been driving me and my techs nuts the last few days, figured it's time to get some outside opinions.

We have a lane where the 7 pin holder occasionally won't detect a pin in the holder, so it stays open and constantly double loads, and occasionally it will think there's a pin in the holder when there isn't and try to set an invisible pin.

What we've tried:
    • Replaced the pin holder(twice)
    • Replaced the table harness
    • Replaced the cable that goes from the harness to the NexGen
    • Replaced the I/O board
    • Replaced the CPU
    Any other ideas what to do? I feel like We've replaced everything that could possible have to do with the pin holder switch.

Update on this.

I had a theory that maybe the pin detector plate was catching on the lever or something, so I adjusted the swing shaft and moved the 7-holder toward the 10 pin side to give it some space, I also replaced the plate for good measure.

Now I'm no longer seeing the previous issues, but now the grippers will stay open after a pin has dropped in, but it will still detect the pin and go to set it causing it to drop.

Comment

you say you replaced table harness what part the harness that goes to the chassis or the harness that goes to all the pin holders etc.. if you replaced the harness that goes to the chassis then im thinking you have a wire broken on the 7 pin i would run a new earth wire from the 8 pin to 7 pin as it sounds like an earth that has broken as they can break inside the coating and when you test when table is down it has continuity and when table is up its lost it continuity i have had this problem a few times
      im never wrong just askme

Comment

Originally posted by justaskme View Post
        what part the harness that goes to the chassis or the harness that goes to all the pin holders etc..
        I replaced both, and the wiring I put on the table going to the pin holders is brand new, even if it had a defect I would be surprised if it had the exact same issue.

Comment

Hmm have you checked the wires on the pin holder they might be reversed to the switch or even the solenoid it might have a mechanical bind via wire from the solenoid catching the slider on the underside recreating the same problem . Also you may want to eliminate the pin station as the culprit the poly cords and the release lever . Table hight/level will cause the same problem .

Comment

Are the switch part/lever new ? # 47-054985-001 if not replace it as well

Comment

Originally posted by Mark caplin View Post
              Are the switch part/lever new ? # 47-054985-001 if not replace it as well
              Yes, I've replaced the pin holder 3 times now, all with different, brand new, tested, holders. Levers are definitely new, I replace those every time I rebuild a holder, the switches are either new or tested good.

Comment

When I have had gripper issues first place I look is the solenoid slide part that pulls them open. Second is the two little gear knobs that secure the gripper posts and engage the slide.....one tooth off and the grippers will not function properly. The slide part can get gummed up by o-ring issues in the plunger tube as well. I know you have swapped out holders, but food for thought that might take you into another direction

Comment

the only other option is a pin in the chassis that connects to the i/o board you will have to use a multi meter from the 7 pin to the table harness that connects to outside of chassis and find which wire/s run the 7 and then from there follow to the plug that connects to the i/o board you must have a pin thats not making full connection
                  im never wrong just askme

Comment

Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Regalado View Post
                      Continuity.
                      It has it

Comment

Ive had similar issues before where it was the microswitch in the holder vibrating loose/ back into place. Those little plastic clips can wear out easy when rebuilding the holders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse Mech 69 View Post
                          Ive had similar issues before where it was the microswitch in the holder vibrating loose/ back into place. Those little plastic clips can wear out easy when rebuilding the holders.
                          I've seen that a few times too. In this case though I've replaced it three times, so I don't think that's it.

Comment

When you say you replaced the holders 3 times do you mean all brand new parts? Recently, when rebuilding a holder i found a switch finger with a clean break in it that caused the same issues. The break allowed it to bend around the switch lever sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse Mech 69 View Post
                              When you say you replaced the holders 3 times do you mean all brand new parts? Recently, when rebuilding a holder i found a switch finger with a clean break in it that caused the same issues. The break allowed it to bend around the switch lever sometimes.
                              Not necessarily all new parts, but all were tested on a different lane for at least an hour.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse