Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS pinsetter error code 1

Today, 05:12 PM
    Let me start by saying I’m pretty new working on these so my terminology might be poor.

my pinsetters are 6 months old. I’ve got one that occasionally gives error code 1. It’s random that I get the code but many times when pins drop pin 1&3 do not open up until the bowler throws their first ball. Then they open. Reading the manual I think the table is set too high.

how would I go about lowering the table?

it isn’t stopping play usually but I know it’s not right.

Hope I can get some direction here.

my email is [email protected]

thanks,

Chris Kruger

If the pins are not releasing into the pin holders, the release levers are not being pushed up all the way. It can be a bad "Pivot Bearing". If the grippers on the pin holders are not opening up when they should be, its a "Table Cable" OR "Table Harness" problem. Check those first and see what you can find.

Comment

I might not have been clear with my problem. The pins are not loading pin 1 and pin 3 consistently after dropping them for the next set up. This is in the horizontal position before they load the pin turner. Once a bowler throws their first ball, the table goes down to reset for ball two and pins 1 and 3 are able to load, the pins will divert into those slots. The pins are in the horizontal position at this point, not vertical. BTW... thanks for the help Eric! I didn't explain the problem very well.

Chris

Comment

Can you post a video of the problem?
        let me be myself

Comment

Originally posted by Joemamma View Post
          I might not have been clear with my problem. The pins are not loading pin 1 and pin 3 consistently after dropping them for the next set up. This is in the horizontal position before they load the pin turner. Once a bowler throws their first ball, the table goes down to reset for ball two and pins 1 and 3 are able to load, the pins will divert into those slots. The pins are in the horizontal position at this point, not vertical. BTW... thanks for the help Eric! I didn't explain the problem very well.

Chris
          Sounds more like an alignment issue with the grippers to the release levers and or table height adjustments. A video would be nice as billman said, this way we can see all the happenings as it goes.

Comment

I think I narrowed it down to a setting on "Coast past A". I'll post back after I get some time with the set up on it. It is intermittent on pins 2 and 3 but almost always is present on pin #1. Video is on youtube here... https://youtu.be/U0sUJWOjPq8

Chris

Comment

You have something going on that is causing it to go back up a second time. The coast past A - when activated - only goes down after it returns to A. Your machine came up, went down, then came back up again a bit (I could even hear the brake on the motor activate).
              First thing I'd do is set the coast A to a 'deeper' drop setting to see if pins will load properly and consistently. If you are happy with the current short drop, then check your pin release levers to make sure they have good contact with the grippers.
              Your coast setting may be allowing the cam to activate the A switch with a double tap or not clearing it properly -- check on that.

Comment

Originally posted by loadtoad View Post
                You have something going on that is causing it to go back up a second time. The coast past A - when activated - only goes down after it returns to A. Your machine came up, went down, then came back up again a bit (I could even hear the brake on the motor activate).
                First thing I'd do is set the coast A to a 'deeper' drop setting to see if pins will load properly and consistently. If you are happy with the current short drop, then check your pin release levers to make sure they have good contact with the grippers.
                Your coast setting may be allowing the cam to activate the A switch with a double tap or not clearing it properly -- check on that.
                Actually the new firmware has a "Coast back to A" feature because people were reporting issues with the table staying at the coast past A height, so he probably has newer lanes/boards. I have a couple lanes that do that after getting new/refurbished boards from Brunswick.

Comment

Originally posted by Bking4242 View Post

Actually the new firmware has a "Coast back to A" feature because people were reporting issues with the table staying at the coast past A height, so he probably has newer lanes/boards. I have a couple lanes that do that after getting new/refurbished boards from Brunswick.
                  Oh...did not know that. Personally, the Coast A distraction thing is not an issue. But that's just me.

But for JoeMamma's issue, I still think there might be an issue with it not dropping enough (barely as it might be) and bouncing conditions can lead to intermittent hits/misses with pins loading. Hopefully we here from them on an update.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse