Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Accelerator ?

Working this weekend at the residential house that Clutch and I service I noticed something I've never seen before.

These are GS-98s

The ball accelerator would shut down if nobody threw a ball for a while and would take 30 seconds or more to fire back up after a ball was thrown causing the ball to just sit there after it went thruogh the ball door. I use to work on GS-10 and don't recall the accelerator ever shutting down. This is what really tripped me out, I was just sitting there (nobody bowling) and the accelerator shut down, without anybody throwing a ball it fired itself back up after a short time. Is this a new function on the newer GS's or is there somekind if time delay in the HV box? I'm stumped!

Thanks in advance.
    Kenny
    Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Re: Ball Accelerator ?

Hi Kenny,

Also in the newer machines,the accelerator is still running on,when nobody is throwing a ball.I think,this time delay was made by them own.It's not originally by Brunswick.
    I worked on all GS from GS-10 to GS-X but never had heard about this.It's normal that the distributor and elevator will stop after 60 or 90 seconds after the last Ball was thrown.But not the accelerator and ball-lift.

Klaus

Comment

Mmmmm. That's what I thought. Do you or anybody else have any suggestions as to where I should look to fix this problem.

Comment

When I was at the school last summer, I recall them mentioning another wire going into the junction box for the ball accelerator. I just can't remember what it was for. It might not be a bad idea to have a shut down for extended use. JOHN

Comment

I've seen some bad molex plug connections at the Consolidated Box cause that. Try wiggling the plug around to see if the motor power fluctuates.
          Although it's not a feature on any GS machine, I have rewired my accelerators to shut down with the distributor motor. Whenever both distributor motors are off, the accelerator for that pair shuts off as well. Whenever one of the dist. motors come back on, acc. motor comes on with it. This is achieved by taking acc. contactor coil incoming low voltage through the extra contact on each dist. motor contactor in parallel. Been running that way for several years with no problems.

Comment

What I just neglected to mention was that this rewiring was on a GS-98 with Consolidated Electronics. The motor contactors are separate and easy to rewire. On a GS-X, the motor relays are soldered on a PC board, so the same rewiring could not be done on those.

Comment

when the acc. motor shuts down feel it to see if its real hot.the acc. motors on the gs pinsetters arent the greatest.especially the drum type. they will over heat tripping overload then cool and come back on. depending on what style motors you have there is no manual overload to press to make it come back on.i'm not sure what motors you have but on the gsx with drum motors i have had this happen. good luck
              tracy mosley

Comment

Thanks Guys...bugga bowl, I'll look and see what kind of motors they have next time go to the mansion, never really paid any attention to the motors but will now that this has come up.

One thing though. If you keep bowling (without stoping for any period of time) it runs fine, it's just when you stop bowling for a while that it'll shut itself down. If the motor was getting to hot and kicking out, it would also happen while it is being bowled on, I would think.

We might have to work at the mansion this weekend for their grand daughters birthday party...If not, the next time either Clutch or myself will go there is next weekend....We'll keep you posted.

Comment

instead on bowling loads and messing yourself up for any leagues that you play in i would just set the setter in diag mode, if you can on the consolidated elecs, i know you can on the nextgen
                  Regards

Alan T
                  If Anyone Needs to Get Hold of Me Quickly E-mail [email protected]

Comment

Yes, we can run in diag. mode. Clutch and I are pretty much the only ones that bowl there. This is somebodys home and they don't come around very much, but they want us there to run the machines and bowl on them at least twice a month. We don't want anything to go wrong when they do come to bowl though.

Comment

Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:
                      Yes, we can run in diag. mode. Clutch and I are pretty much the only ones that bowl there. This is somebodys home and they don't come around very much, but they want us there to run the machines and bowl on them at least twice a month. We don't want anything to go wrong when they do come to bowl though.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kenny, dont forget, we also have to watch T.V. on the 62" plasma. It is very, very hard work. And we get paid lots and lots of money. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch Plate:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kenny, dont forget, we also have to watch T.V. on the 62" plasma. It is very, very hard work. And we get paid lots and lots of money. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SHHHHHH....We don't talk about that part. Mike's just kidding, we work our a$$es off when we are there. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Clutch Plate:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kenny, dont forget, we also have to watch T.V. on the 62" plasma. It is very, very hard work. And we get paid lots and lots of money. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SHHHHHH....We don't talk about that part. Mike's just kidding, we work our a$$es off when we are there. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">62" plasma ....

i would be hard at work also..

p.s. for those that were wondering, I am looking for a tech's job in the tenpin business that pays "OK to GOOD" wages
                          Regards

Alan T
                          If Anyone Needs to Get Hold of Me Quickly E-mail [email protected]

Comment

I think I saw this mansion setup in a catalog. You can buy a 4 lane package and also get the plasma screen and a full bar. Is this right?
                            &quot;I like you. You shall die a painless death when I take over the world.&quot; Stewie Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by Beerman's Kid:
                              I think I saw this mansion setup in a catalog. You can buy a 4 lane package and also get the plasma screen and a full bar. Is this right?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, Neman Marcus has this in their new catalog. 4 lane center for about $5 million. We work at a two lane house. Its not part of the Neman Marcus Company.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse