Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Pin Double Loads

Maybe we are just missing something stupid, but on the GS-96's, is there anything that would cause multiple 4 pins to be loaded into the pin holder. We are having an issue that seems to be spreading to other lanes but only on the 4 pin. Didnt think it was just coincidence that its happening on multiple lanes on the same pin. Sometimes, when we get to the lane, the pin is actually butted up against the bottom of the grippers on the pin holder. ANy help would be great.

Re: 4 Pin Double Loads

Check your grippers on the pin holder and see if they are to close to the pin release. Then check to see if your pin station ejector flap is going down when pin is in the station. You might want to check if the pin holders are leveled horizonally when up in home position.
    IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Will do, but it just seems odd that all the pin stations that are having a double loading problem, are the 4 pins. I just thought that maybe there was some secret voodoo on the GS's 4 pins.... will look again tomorrow.

Comment

Take a 4 inch long piece of 1/2" PVC and push it onto the rear of the Retaining Bow on the 4 pin station. This will stop the head of the pin from diving into the back side of the pin station. It worked for me on GS-X's.

Comment

Also check the slider, make sure it slides easily up and down, and check the green belts to see that they are not slowing down when they have 2 pins running down them.
          Andy

Comment

Beerman is right. Actually, the GSXs being put out for the last couple years already have the PVC extension on the 4 pin - similar to how the 7/10 are configured.

Comment

Beerman hit it. Ours came with plastic hose on the ends of the bows on the 4, 7 and 10 pins. Replaced all of the hoses with 1/2" thick wall PVC solves majority of problems.

Comment

Can any of you get a picture of this up for me? That would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

Anyone? Would be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated

Comment

Just cut a 1/2" PVC pipe at 4" and slide it onto the back of the retaining bow where the head of the pin sits in the pin station. Use the heavy gauge PVC the thin wall does not work as the ID is to wide and will not fit snug onto the bow.

Comment

OkAy, We have our PVC 1/2" thick-wall pipe. Does it just need to slip on the head of the retaining bow or does it need to be fastened onto it. We have a TON of Zip Ties :-)

Comment

I used contact cement and drilled a small hole through them both and put a split pin through them. NEVER had any of them come off.
                        John

Comment

I just slide them on. With the thick wall pvc pipe it is a tight fit and have only have had 1 come off it 1 1/2 years. That way if the bow brakes you can take it off and put on the new one right away.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse