Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Player Control Box

Some of you may remember my posts from a while ago asking relating to any information about the player control and managers control boxes for Brunswick GS-10 machines..

well thanks to the information i received in the replies, particularly petone techs (aka Warren) , I have built my own box to incorporate the functions of each individual box. It will be fixed to the existing Brunswick scorer console and will provide my league bowlers and county team with a useful tool for practicing.

With this box, my machines can now be used to their full potential in the 4 different bowling modes.

I haven't installed them yet, but I intend to build 4 more very soon. They cost about £40 ($68) each.

Below are some pics. I dont have a workbench at home, so I have to use the computer desk in my music studio.

There are LED's above the buttons but they dont show up too well in the pics. This is only a prototype, as you can see from the wonkey switches. I will use a proper drill and more care when I build the real ones.

The size of the box is deceiving in the pics...It looks really big but it is only 4 x 3 x 1.5 inches.

Everyone makes mistakes, thats why God gave us the 'DELETE' key!

Re: My Player Control Box

Wow, looks good.....have fun working out the inevitable bugs (ararar)

Comment

Cool pikmonkey. You could go into production and offer them in the US!
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I would actually consider that TED if it worked and there was demand for them....the only problem is that the set-up is bound to be different from centre to centre so they may not work at other centres...

my next project is to make an interface unit that adds a Tenth Frame - 3rd Ball reset function to our machines..

Comment

What scoring you got mate if you have brunswick frame works and gs10's you did not need to build the box as you could put maintence code in and set it up from there .

Comment

we go have frameworx and gs-10s but they are not connected in a way that would allow us to do this. I didnt know you could set the different game modes up in frameworx.

the only connections between the machine and scorer is the power wire and cam switches.

this unit will plug directly into the LV control box and will allow us to manipulate the machine without the scorer being on.

Rob

Comment

hi pin monkey.
              just wondered from the knowledge you gained doing this if there was any communication or resistances induced by the box that could affect gamesetter voltages or communication. - or anything else that could cause a Player Control Station Comms error (A0 code).

some of my lanes have a standard brunswick control station and others dont, yet they all get A0's on occasion.

all help greatly appreciated
              i think its dead.. duck tape time

Comment

the box is basically just a bunch of switches...nothing in there that would cause inductance or resistance...

where about in uk u from gs-techboy?

Comment

near london.

see PM.
                  i think its dead.. duck tape time

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse