Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switch b

hey guys im a learnin on the 98's just ask Imitchel lol. but anyway on lane 24 tonight had a machine that kept blacking out after the 10 pin only would be picked up. i would get a 71 (Switch B not found). so i put a new switch in... no luck. changed the IO board this happend 10 minutes before close and the leauge was in their last 3 frames. i put it in diagnostics for a few mins. didnt have enough time to screw with it, got school in the morning. any ideas would be great on if this is right or wrong.
    thanks

Re: switch b

Curtis,
    Do the 98s have a fixed b switch ?If so what I would do is mark your cam with some white out so you know where it was and try moving it about a 1/4 of a inch one way and then the other to see if it helps.When you ran it in diagnostics were you getting 50 errors?

Comment

Hi Curtis,
      A very fast way to check your switch, cables and cable connections is to grab a hand held magnet from the shop, pop the B switch out of the holder, place the magnet against the end of the switch and run "Switch Diagnostics", also called "Contact Closure Diagnostics". The step by step instructions are in chapter 3 or 4, depending on which manual you have. I teach this process everywhere I go and to be honest...most guys forget all about it because you rarely use it. But, it's a fast way to check any switch on the machine and it's associated cables and connections, from the switch itself all the way to the CPU. Also, check the distance between the end of the switch body and the cam. Should be 3mm. Too far away from the cam and the reed contacts inside the switch won't close. I'm guessing that your table motor is operating and the table is lowering because you didn't mention that as a symptom. If the motor isn't working, that's why your B switch isn't being seen. Like David suggested, run diagnostics and see what error comes up, then work from there.
      Say Curtis, are you in West Park Lanes? I spoke once with someone named Bob but never heard back from him. Just curious. Let us know if you need anything else.

Bruce DeWeber
      Capiset Consulting

Comment

thanks david and capiset, no its just park lanes, Bob Johannes is our owner..

Comment

Curtis,
          Yep, he's the name on my list. So, any luck with that B switch?

Bruce

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse