Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a GS a three phase only machine?

Someone asked me about installing lanes at home, whether to go AMF or Brunswick. Since the A-2 is no longer made, I suggested GS if he wanted a new Brunswick. Someone told me once that they were run by 3 phase. Is this correct? How does the height of a GS compare to an A-2? Seems like the 82-90 is the only choice for a new machine if no 3-phase power is available.
    Old and obsolete? It's new to me!

Re: Is a GS a three phase only machine?

Not sure what phase the GS series is, but they are even taller than the A-2's. Tell your friend to buy a quality used 82-70/90/XL that way you wouldnt have to worry about height clearance problems.
    * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

The GS series are 3 phase machines. The GS-X is called a "Tower Down" machine because it is now redesigned to be shorter. I haven't measured the height difference from an A-2, but I do think it is shorter.
      For a home owner, I think it is simpler to understand how it works.

Comment

Well which machine has less calls? This is a rich guy with no mechanical ability and wants to have the latest and greatest. the ceiling height is 10-12 feet sloping but I think they goofed and don't have a wide entrance door. So which is simpler to understand, A-2, GS or 82-XX? As for me the 82-30 was just fine!

Comment

The Gsx is easy to understand and so is the 82-70.
          We have gsx and they are currently running at over 6000 frames per stop.j.
          I'm a proud member of www.bowluk.com

Comment

I was an AMF 82-70 mechanic for 25 years, last year we have changed to GSX. I was always an AMF men so to say but now Í never want another machine than the GSX. Almost no calls and a lot easier to understand. The GSX is a bit higher than an AMF machine but a bit shorter. The pit is build up in the house,
            The front end must be installed as one part.
            If you measure the with of a lane plus guters, than you know the right space you need to get it thru a door.
            If the high voltage is a problem, you can also put a transformer in.

Comment

GSX IS BETTER THAN AMF. THE HEIGHT FROM THE FLOOR TO THE TOP OF THE GSX I2 225 CM FROM FLOOR. WIDTH IS 160CM .

YOU CAN HAVE A 3 PHASE OF 110 VAC OR 230 OR 415VAC. GSX IS UNIVERSAL VOLTAGE AND THE 2 MACHINE IS ONLY 6KW
              JOJO

Comment

GSX is the way to go
                IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Amen brother............j.
                  I'm a proud member of www.bowluk.com

Comment

GSX requirs 3 phase due to the fact that it uses the 3 phase to run some of the motors both clockwise and counterclockwise without 3 phase it would not work properly. Also with the new tower down design the GSX is approx. 2" longer and about the same height as a A2. But the GSX is much simpler to work on. My thought is if you can afford to purchase a new GSX and put it in the house you can afford to have 3 phase run into the house.

Comment

I service a resident house with GS-98 and they have a transformer to get the 3 phase power that is needed...I'm servicing the house tonight...I'll try to remember to get all info the off the transformer that they are using.
                      Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

You're right 2423, it is 2 inches longer, and it's is 2-3 inches lower with the new tower down. it's 3 phase is also do to switches and solenoids, besides the table motor. GSX is the way.
                        IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Ok let me get this straight, 6KW for a pair of machines? An A-2 has a 1HP motor, 746W, maybe 2KW for the pair? Converting single phase to 3 phase is terribly inefficient. The home in question is in a "gated community" and has underground power, no 3 phase available. Most likely the person I put him in contact with will recommend 82-90's. I have never seen a GS machine and am not sure if any exist in south Florida. You thinx the GS will be more trouble free than an 82-90? Would he have trouble finding a mechanic?

Comment

No trouble finding a mechanic. If a mechanic can figure out the detector in any A machine, he can figure out the GS-X in about 2 minutes. After all, all the parts are visible without tearing an assymbly half apart...
                            "I like you. You shall die a painless death when I take over the world." Stewie Griffin

Comment

The resident house that I service are useing a Rotary Phase Converter from Kay Industries...Something simular to these.

Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse