Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Holder issues

Having a problem with one pin holder looking for any ideas. Half the time it sets a pin on the table for a new rack it knocks the pin over. So far have done the following
    Replaced O ring on plunger (it was bad)
    Replaced plunger
    Took pin holder apart and oiled and greased all parts

Put it back on to test and still knocked pins over and started to not read pin on second ball. Replaced micro switch and still did this.

Also I am testing it on another machine than what it was on. And when I put the pin holder that I removed to test the problem child it works just fine.

Re: Pin Holder issues

Have a look at the switch part wearing where it rubs against the switch finger, also make sure the micro switch is secure in the clip. We use a spot of superglue on the switch if it's loose.

Hope this helps with your first problem, but if the Holder works fine on another lane then maybe it's your table cable!

Let us know what you find.

Dave.
    "Party on dude!"

Comment

Check your square shaft to make sure you didn't lose a wedge. If it is gone , that side would flop around more and could cause you a prob. You didn't mention which position it was in. If it was a headpin, check the verticle adjust when setting pins. This will cause the top of pinholder to push the pin over.
      John

Comment

Headpin should be easy to see when setting - watch to make sure it's opening all the way. IE: moving solenoid up will make it open more.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Make sure to see if the adjustment to the link assembly for your 2-3 is vertically to the head pin. Check and see when setting a new set to stop machine on C as pin grippers start to open and shut machine off. You'll be able to see what the pin holders are doing.
          IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Pin holder was originaly on 3 pin on lane 5. Have replaced plunger O ring, Plunger, took apart and greased and oiled everything. Have been testing it on 1 pin on lane 1 and still knocking down pin when setting about 50% of the time. Grippers appear to open and close correctly. Have also checked pin holder for any signs of any cracks but have not located anything. At this time I am at a loss. Going to tear apart again and put each part in one at a time into another pin holder.

Comment

Have you changed the switch finger??
              I'm a proud member of www.bowluk.com

Comment

Check the little switch part with the two bumps on it. See if it is worn where the switch finger hits it. Maybe sticking with switch finger stuck down.
                John

Comment

2423 did you find problem and if so what was it.
                  For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Still do not know what the problem was but I switched out the switch finger with another pin holder and now both work just fine. I did notice a bit of wear on the switch level so I am going to be ordering a few of those to have in stock. But for now everything is working. Ran it for about 1 hour in dianogstic without any issues

Have leauge on it tonight for a good test.

Comment

Be sure to put some grease on the switch finger.
                      IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Havings lots of pin jams on the upper part of the GS pinsseter ..head of pin coming down first causing the jams .... Any sugestions?

Comment

After almost six years, I have noticed a lot of switch levers are wearing. Not too bad for so long but as pinholders are changed I will replace them. It doesn't take too much wear to cause a problem.
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy_7001
                            Havings lots of pin jams on the upper part of the GS pinsseter ..head of pin coming down first causing the jams .... Any sugestions?
                            Is this on the 4 and or 7 pins?
                            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I had to change about 65% of the switch fingers just after install as they were twisted, this caused the very same fault that 2423 was having......Little buggers...... j
                              I'm a proud member of www.bowluk.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse