Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS Blackouts

Is there any way to keep the GS Pinsetter from blackout when it detects an out of range pin .... It goes blackout on the first shot and if the bowler missess the shot it blackouts again on the second shot ...any sugestions?

Re: GS Blackouts

the thing is that its a saftey issue, the oor switch is an automatic cut off the same as ts1 & ts2. personally i would rather have these switchs just incase the machine cycles while your underneath it. as far as stopin it from stopping remove it. but i wouldnt.

Comment

If it is a Consolidated Electronics, there is a dip switch on the CPU. One of those switches will disable it. If you have sanctioned leagues, you can't legally do it. If you have Nexgen, I can't help you.
      John

Comment

I'd try to lessen the pin sliding on the pin decks.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I have vector scoring. In the GS-Pinsetter Control. On the server computer, there is a OOR option where you can say, that if it finds an out of range it will continue. It can't score the pins, but the table and the sweep will go back up. You could have dead wood on the pin deck, but you can continue without going in the back to reset every 10 minutes (if you have alot of OOR's). It is somewhat helpful if scoring isn't an issue with customers. Just an idea.

Comment

If you have Nexgen you can go into Nexgen on each machine and set it to ignore OOR's. Turn both run switches to off and then scroll down on the menu to I beleive settings and it is in there.

Comment

Originally posted by jb_stroud
              personally i would rather have these switchs just incase the machine cycles while your underneath it.
              The machine can't cycle if you have it turned "OFF"... I would never go underneath a machine with the power on.
              Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

[QUOTE= jb_stroud
                personally i would rather have these switchs just incase the machine cycles while your underneath it.

The reason for the Black out is due to USBC rules that state that you can not bowl if there is dead wood on the lane. This is the only reason for the black out on OOR's to make sure that all dead wood is removed (pg 3-20 of GSX operation and service manual)

IF YOU SHOULD NEED TO REMOVE DEAD WOOD USE A PIN HOOK FOR THE BACK OF THE MACHINE OR TURN OFF MACHINE, PLACE BLOCK OR JACK STAND UNDER TABLE AND CRAWL INSIDE AND REMOVE DEAD WOOD

Comment

I turned off the OOR switch, as I will not allow my guys to use it as a substitute when the machine should be well and truly isolated before they even consider stepping down. Although unless you are very small you will probably find that you block the sweep from dropping to the guard position which will stop the machine anyway.

Another point to consider when making the decision is if you have pro bowling or leagues that may complain, or like at my place if your drunken customers will bowl the minute they see a pair of feet that came down to clear the dead wood away.

I tend to view it as an unnessecary stop that means someone going under a machine in the first place. not everyone will agree with me on that - i dont claim its right for everyone.
                  i think its dead.. duck tape time

Comment

Pin hooks are the only way to go on any machine IMO. Safety first, pins can always be respotted, people can't!
                    * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Thanks for the tips ...But what really helped me is spraying extra lane cleaner directly on the pin decks. After I spayed it I ran the kegel and it worked great! Had two out of range all night long. compared to 20

Comment

Run a strip only program on the lane machine. The lane shold be dry as a bone - tennis shoes shold squeek everywhere on the lane.
                        You could have a squeege issue, or dispensing issue.
                        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Iam with Ted on this about the lane machine being your problem. After checking the squeege check your programing to see when the sponge roller is lifting. I had a lot of OOR's here until I found out that the roller was picking up way to soon to get the deck clean. I set mine to pick up about 10 inches from the tail plank.
                          Andy

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Elevator & Pits

All this work just to clean under the elevator !!??? LOL A friend is replacing a number of his elevators as the left hand triangle plate brackets are breaking. Rather than...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Ball Wheel Belt Question

A friend was looking at his ball wheel belt which stated it was 208" long, (Pic 1). He was pretty sure that it is a B205 belt which should be 205" long. The answer...

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Pin spot is off

I'm currently working at a 38 Lane center. Of those 38 lanes only a few are having this issue.

I'm currently trying to get all the lanes to have perfect pin spots...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
                          Working...
                          X