Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-band/ball accelerator

We have a lot of arsehole's who like to bowl when the machine is off.. Hence causing us under lane ball jams.
    Is there any way that I can keep the machines running but only have the deck light and the cycling stopped?

So when they bowl the balls will be returned rather than having to attend ball jam after ball jam

have tried to set machine to drop the sweep but morons still like throwing balls at the sweeps.
    We have FrameworX if its important.and gs 98 and gs 96 machines

Re: t-band/ball accelerator

im having troubles with the plastic piecesthat hold the wheel in place one side keeps brakeing please help

Comment

I put just a little thought into it. Need to put some more. But off the top of my head, it could be done for the accelerator, not so much for the machine. Gernally the problem isn't knocked down pins in the pit, it is balls that enter the accelerator just as it's about to shut off and they just get rolled down the subway, right?

So here goes, just off the top of my head. I'll have to think about this next time I'm at Lois Lanes. Cause before I get too involved I have to see if there are settings in the front desk that will allow for this. I know we can turn the pin light off, but that still leaves the ball indicators on. And the machine will still cycle when a ball is thrown.

You would require the following:
      1- 3 pole disconnect switch with lock out tabs
      1 - Omron or whatever timer cube, preferably with two pole dual throw output. If this can't be found a simple DPDT relay will convert the typical SPST relay to what you need.
      2 - microswitches

I'll try to draw this out sometime this weekend, but basically the two microswitches will be mounted in the rear of the accelerator by each ball door. They should be mounted in such a way that when ever each door opens the switch is activated.
      These switches will be wired in parallel and will trigger the timer cube.
      The time cube will then run for X-seconds after either switch has been activated.
      It will do two things. (a) supply power to the accelerator contactor (do not bypass the overload relay) (b) supply24VAC to the power ball lift.

The three pole switch will be installed in the rear of the accelerator and will be used to isolate the accelerator motor as with the timer cube inplace the pinsetter will no longer have total control over the motor and it could still run even with the pinsetter power switches turned off.
      Bobbie Bees

Comment

With the GSX a time delay has already been developed to keep the T-band and Accelerator running for an extra 1,2 or 3 mins. Doesn't lock the ball doors if I remember correctly but removes the pins and balls from the T-Band when the customers throw extra balls down after the machine shuts off.
        This is done by upgrading the e-prom in the cpu board, only down side I remember was if the lane was re-started within the running on period the machine wouldn't start up straight away.
        I like Bobbie's idea but it's a bit too complicated for me.
        "Party on dude!"

Comment

The same arseholes come here except we have AMF machines.

Bobbie, with your mod, are you saying that ANYTIME either balldoor is opened the accelerator/power lift will power on? There might be a safety issue in there somewhere. I'm not knoching your idea but you could have endless bowling w/no pins with this, but if it stops undergrounds then good.

Comment

If it's that bad, and you want to let everyone know someone threw a ball when they weren't supposed to, you can add ball triggering. Put in the brunswick dual trigger head.
            But, this ball triggering will only work when the machine is off, using N/C contacts for a pit light relay. If the light is off, and a ball is thrown. The action can be unlimited. From a red flashing light, to a voice playing a prerecorded message, to a siren activated and strobe over that approach.
            Maybe I've got too much time on hand.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted,

I like your idea. But to work, the center would have to have engaged counter people who would respond to whatever warning. Otherwise, it would simply be a reward to the "bowler" for inappropriate behavior.

Comment

Hi Tablejam.
                Yeah, my set up would run the powerlift and accelerator any time the doors are open. But that's why I envision installing a local disconnect for the accelerator motor. That way, if you need to service the acclerator, clear a stuck pin or what have you, you simply open the disconnect and lock out the power to the motor....

And I agree with Glitch, at Xcalibur we had front desk staff that lived in the twilight zone for their entire shift. Customers would walk down the lanes to get dead balls, cutomers would bowl from just in front of the masking units. I'd get complaints of machines out of service from the night before only to find that the pits for both machines were loaded up with so many balls that the carpets couldn't run.
                Once when I was dressing the lanes, there were a trio of drunk jerks down on lane 8 and they were intentionally hitting the sweep. After the fifth time I radioed the front desk and asked her if she was going to do anything.
                She asked me " Well, what do you want me to do? They paid for their bowling, I can't tell them to leave"

So yeah, unless the front desk staff is engaged and is willing to respond to a buzzer or a flashing light, these devices will only serve as a reward.
                Bobbie Bees

Comment

Ted, only one modification I'd make to your suggestion. Instead of a warning light, how about an taser with auto tracking be installed just beside the power lift. Some one throws the ball when the machine is off OR when the machine is on with the sweep down, the taser locks on and fires.
                  Bobbie Bees

Comment

Idiot lady! Doesn't matter if they paid already, if they act like that or intentionally cause damage you have every right to get rid of them.

Bobbie, I figured you would have a shut off for it but thought I would ask.

Everything about Ted's idea plus I would add a loud fire alarm mechanical bell and a very loud voice that says "LOSER!"

Comment

As a tinkerer, If I had an extra ball detect, I'd fashion something on a lane and, once we've identified a probable culprit bowler, make sure the desk puts them on that lane. Then start the DVR for my monthly 'You Tube' publication.
                      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Damn, damn10pin, sorry. My scanner, which I haven't used since I bought my new laptop doesn't work with Windows 7. I'm going to have to install Ubuntu onto this machine.
                        Funny how Windows 7 which was written by the 2nd most valuable company in the world can't write a driver for this 3 year old scanner. But Ubuntu, which is comprised of many different modules written by many different volunteers from around the world can write drivers that work with just about ever piece of hardware under the sun.
                        Bobbie Bees

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse