Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotter tong problems

hi there! i hope you can help me out.

im working as a bartender and mechanic in a bowling in the Netherlands. weirdest thing is going on with my lane 1.

first problem was the favt that the spotter tongs would pick the pins up again after the first trow. it doenst display error but the tongs wont let the pins go when the table goes back up.
    another mechanic gave me the tip to change out the solenoid and work from there. (the spotting tong solenoid)
    after ive done this and adjusted it more problems occured. first i trew 2 games with no problems then the tongs dropped a couple of pins while picking them up. also the sweep sensor stopped responding at some trows and even resetting the machine did nothing sometimes.

im just hoping someone has dealt with this issue before and has some pointers. if you need more info just let me know!

kind regards,

Gerard

Start with check to make sure the ST switch on the setting table is adjusted and working okay -- not shorted or loose wires.
    Second, if that seems okay, then make sure the Switch Cam Cluster (A, B, C, D) switches is line up proper. You can look another good machine to get idea of positions.
    Lastly, look at the CPU board -- IF you have NEXGEN GsX machines.

Comment

loadtoad thanks alot! i will try this tomorrow when have have a maintanance shift. will let u know how things worked out

Comment

Originally posted by loadtoad View Post
        Start with check to make sure the ST switch on the setting table is adjusted and working okay -- not shorted or loose wires.
        Second, if that seems okay, then make sure the Switch Cam Cluster (A, B, C, D) switches is line up proper. You can look another good machine to get idea of positions.
        Lastly, look at the CPU board -- IF you have NEXGEN GsX machines.
        loadtoad i've tried what you suggested and still have the same problems. ABCD i matched with machine next to it and should be adjusted correctly. also the ST switch is changed with a working one and adjusted properly. ive tried to hard reset the NexGen cpu box. it acted weird when ive tried this.

the sweep was non responsive and the table took the pins up. when i tried to reset the machine it was non responsive. took me a few tries to reset the machine.
        i am trying to upload some videos of the problem maybe that will help.

Comment

this is a video of the table when the error occured

Comment

the tong clutch may be dirty or broken pin or tong solenoid may be out of adjustment or the side toothed rack may have a tooth broken
            im never wrong just askme

Comment

Originally posted by justaskme View Post
              the tong clutch may be dirty or broken pin or tong solenoid may be out of adjustment or the side toothed rack may have a tooth broken
              sounds good! found alot about this in the manual. i will try this today and let you know if it worked out.

thanks alot!

Comment

Originally posted by justaskme View Post
                thangs alot! it was very dirty. ive cleaned everything now my last and only problem is that the tongs close too late. first i thought it was one of the ABCD swithes that was not correctly in place. but i remember someone suggesting to put the spotting tong timer on something. its in the next gen box i guess?

dont want to bother people too much but somebody know how to do this?

thanks a bunch up until now! you guys are amazing for thinking with me

Comment

This is most likely the post you were thinking of.

I would still make sure the cam on the ABCD cluster is in right spot. It doesn't take but a couple mm to make a difference in the timing of all the functions.

Glad to hear the main issue is fixed.

Hi we are just about to install this firmaware and was wondering if anyone else has this? One of the changes is ST Timing. ST Timing: (Y or N) - This selection allows the mechanic to

Comment

yes the B switch is the one you can adjust to close the tongs early so if you loosen the screw that holds the B switch down and then adjust the B reed switch out so you have 3 mil from switch to cam you should be all good

Comment

well... finally the timing is perfect... but now the table still takes the pins up.... it was fixed before but after asjusting the cam the error is back. dont suppose i have to clean the tong clutch again. any last pointers before im going to burn the machine down? haha

Comment

other than go back a smidge on the cam placement and make sure the switches aren't too close/far from magnet....nope. If the cam on the shaft is loose or cracked, change it out.

Comment

no you dont have to clean clutch again is the tong solenoid plunger clean and adjusted properly to adjust the tong solenoid you need to remove the clutch and loosen the solenoid when you pull the solenoid plunger up you have to stop it when the pivot lever flat spot is on the flat of the pivot lever plate this will be the proper adjustment just look in your spare parts manual if not sure what parts im talking about ,

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                          seems like pms were not done in a long time
                          and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                          Working...
                          X