Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" PVC BOW EXTENDERS

As requested a couple pics and detail of my setup. I started installing these 2 years ago after I got tired of those rubber hose extenders that would just bend. I watched and watched the machine load pins and didn't like that the head would hit the pinholder first and kind of bounce and not seat properly giving me no loads, double loads and J2s. I tested a couple lengths in PVC and determined 4" works best any bigger blocks the pin from loading and any smaller didn't work as good at leveling the pin in the station. Was concerned about the extra weight being too much for the spring but never had a problem. I started with standard 1/2 inch PVC from Menards cut into 4" lengths with saws all, take each piece and hold it while turning on the wire wheel to round off the sharp edge for safety, some PVC is diffident and will fit loosely on the bow so hot glue works good to hold it but mine were too tight to fit so I had to drill out one end with a 5/8 drill bit holding the extender on the vice, finish by installing them on your machine (not like my guy taking each bow out) but while on the machine just make sure they bottom out on the bow. I like to do all 10 but that's just me. I started doing this about 2 years ago testing it on diffident pairs and comparing #s of stops and finally did my whole house beginning of this year and huge improvement. If u still have problems with j2s or other calls try changing out the bow because they do cause problems if they bend too much towards the head of the pin.
    Like anything else make sure everything is adjusted right lubed and cleaned this is not a way to improve function by skipping other steps at all. All my measurements and adjustments are set perfectly before this was done
    This cost me about 35$ for all 48 lanes and a couple man hours
    Heres a couple pics
    the pic of the 2 and 3 pinstation I put up to show u the diffidence between a station with an extender and a station without. Just look at how the pin sits
    sorry if the pics are sideways they won't load right side up.
    if u do this post before and after FPS
    Attached Files
    Keep an eye on it see if it does it again

Yup, this works very well. Couple of years ago we used 1/2 inch grey pvc electrical conduit. Just bevel the ends, no need to drill it out and they fit nice and tight without any glue.

Comment

I think this could be tech tip worthy.

Comment

Started doing this to my 4-7-10 bows about 2 months ago. Made mine 3 3/4 but 4 would certain work! Might have to do all 10 on a pair.
        let me be myself

Comment

Originally posted by A-RON View Post
          As requested a couple pics and detail of my setup. I started installing these 2 years ago after I got tired of those rubber hose extenders that would just bend. I watched and watched the machine load pins and didn't like that the head would hit the pinholder first and kind of bounce and not seat properly giving me no loads, double loads and J2s. I tested a couple lengths in PVC and determined 4" works best any bigger blocks the pin from loading and any smaller didn't work as good at leveling the pin in the station. Was concerned about the extra weight being too much for the spring but never had a problem. I started with standard 1/2 inch PVC from Menards cut into 4" lengths with saws all, take each piece and hold it while turning on the wire wheel to round off the sharp edge for safety, some PVC is diffident and will fit loosely on the bow so hot glue works good to hold it but mine were too tight to fit so I had to drill out one end with a 5/8 drill bit holding the extender on the vice, finish by installing them on your machine (not like my guy taking each bow out) but while on the machine just make sure they bottom out on the bow. I like to do all 10 but that's just me. I started doing this about 2 years ago testing it on diffident pairs and comparing #s of stops and finally did my whole house beginning of this year and huge improvement. If u still have problems with j2s or other calls try changing out the bow because they do cause problems if they bend too much towards the head of the pin.
          Like anything else make sure everything is adjusted right lubed and cleaned this is not a way to improve function by skipping other steps at all. All my measurements and adjustments are set perfectly before this was done
          Heres a couple pics
          the pic of the 2 and 3 pinstation I put up to show u the diffidence between a station with an extender and a station without. Just look at how the pin sits
          Very Nice Tip ! Great Info and Photos !

Comment

Good stuff, I think we will have to try this

Comment

.....moving to tech ref forum.....

Comment

Love the way all the pins drop into the holders! Great mod!!!
                let me be myself

Comment

Your idea is great but could you tell me why do you installed the pin stations in to the opposit way? I mean for the distributor there are 3 different pinstations 47-094792-009 Universal Pin Station Assembly Complete (Pin Nos. 2,3,4,8, and 9) and 47-094794-009 Universal Pin Station Assembly Complete (Pin Nos. 7 and 10) and 47-094793-009 Universal Pin Station Assembly Complete (Pin Nos. 1,5, and 6). On your photoes all pin stations are by the wrong place.

Sorry about that!

Thanks,

Ati

Originally posted by A-RON View Post
                  Heres a couple pics

Comment

good job so far been used the rubber hose

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                    seems like pms were not done in a long time
                    and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                    Working...
                    X