Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubberband Duckpin

I just got done watching a couple of videos on You Tube of some pro tour rubberband duckpin matches that were shot in canada. The announcers all spoke in french and most of the houses on there had strings for pinsetters. Anyway my question is there was this one house they bowled at in Montreal and was call Fluery and that was the name on the center lower cover of each of the masking units. This house was a free fall ruberband duckpin house and on one or two of the camera shots you can see the sweep and table run for a second or so. The sweep is the normal up/down front/back and the table dosen't look like an old wooden milk crate like the Shermans do. I was wondering if anyone had any info on these free fall rubberband duckpin machines, who made them? pictures, videos or just how do they work? Just trying to increase my knowledge on the many varities of our wonderful (most of the time) industry. Thanks, 10pins

Re: Rubberband Duckpin

Have any links to the vids?
    "Hey, barkeep, whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"

Comment

Hey chipman this is the closest way that I can get you to the videos of that center. http://www.youtube.com when you get to youtube at the top or bottom it has an area where it will search for videos for you. In one of those sections type in the word Duckpin and then it will take you to all the videos for duckpin bowling which there are like six or more videos of this house and the titles to all videos of this house are in French. You are looking for the title Championnat des quilles March 16,1996 and the succesive videos will read the same but have the number 2,3 or whatever video it is of that series after the title. That way is pretty easy to get to the videos as I don't know of a direct link over there. It also was on like page 5 of the duckpin videos for me. 10Pins

Comment

I found another video on youtube that is at a different house but has those same free fall rubberband duckpins, this time you are looking for the video that says Les quilles a RDS May 31st,1994. 10Pins

Comment

I can't be sure with the quality of the video, but they look like bowl-mor's. the sweeps and gutter conveyors look about right as well as the cut of the curtain. if you could post a link to the vid that shows the table I can tell you for sure. I've watched about as much of these videos as I can stomach and havent seen anything but a sweep on the next lane. I used to work on bowl-mor's here in Pittsburgh and replaced them with mendes strings.
          <--- Start 'em young!

Comment

all you have to do is click share at the end of the video and you will be given a link you can post here
            <--- Start 'em young!

Comment

Sorry bkvogel I'm not very good with the computer yet and I could'nt find the share link botton at the you tube site I was watching. However I did find a video with ok backround music instead of the guys screaming in french, I could only stomach so much also. The video back under the same section "Duckpin" is called My Bowling Days...(Three Days Grace- Animal I Have Become) the video is about 3minutes and 45 seconds long well at the timer at 3minutes 30 seconds to 3minutes and 32 seconds you can see the table comming down with a new set of pins. It looks like the Bowl-Mor Duckpin machine but I wanted to know if it is how did it work and also how did the table amongst other things accomidate the big rubberbands? 2008-2009 league season starts soon!!! Thanks 10Pins

Comment

when the video finishes, two icons come up over the picture. one says share, the other says replay. if you click share, it will scroll your screen down and the link you need will be in a box. just copy it and paste it here or write it down and retype it in a message here. I'm unable to find the vid you are talking about and you have piqued my intrest now....
                <--- Start 'em young!

Comment

Ok here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn4zmphIFC , remember when the timer is at 3mins and 30 seconds to 3mins. and 32 seconds you can see the table on the other lane. Except when I tried this link I still had to type in Duckpin in the search and then when the video choices popped up pick any one of the championship matches and then down to the right in the list of related videos you will find this one you are looking for. I copied the link exactly and double and triple checked that it was copied right, so if it don't work this is the only other way to get there. 2008-2009 league season starts soon!!!

Comment

here it is youtube that's a bowl mor. pretty cool machines, I tried for over six months to give them away before having to cut them up with a plasma cutter to fit them into a dumpster. what a shame, but there was only one place to get parts way up in the far corner of canada. by the time you added shipping ang taxes and all that parts were way too expensive. some stuff could be fabbed and a lot of parts could be graingered and modified but the hassle and expense were outweighed by the convenience and price of the me90 strings.
                    <--- Start 'em young!

Comment

the table is flat with a series of metal cups that ride on flat tracks. the tracks are front to back and spaced apart about a half inch wider than the rubberbands. the cups can also spread as far apart as the bands. the cups are shaped to match the bottom of the pins and when dropped by the upper table the rubberbands sit on the front and back of the cups until the table hits the floor, the bottom of the pin hitting the floor raises the rubberband off of the cup about a quarter of an inch. the cups open front to back, the table lifts, the cups close and the bowler bowls. the machine can be tripped by optical sensor as ours were, or bowlers reset button as those at a club up the river from us were (also hacked to pieces and repalced at the same time). the table then comes down and the cups are partially open. when they reach what on a brunswick would be called "detecting height" the cups close weather there are pins standing or not. the base of the cups are shaped like a whistleing mouth to make room for the base but leave room for the whole head as well. the bowler has to reset to set ten new pins after a strike. the pins are swept by a chain and trolley driven sweep, as well as two small conveyor belts in the gutters. they are delivered to a rotating table and then to a lift similar to that in the rear of a gs machine along with the ball. the ball is dropped onto a gravity fed return track, and the pins fall onto an orienting rotating table through the track. the pins are all eventually spun around head first to be picked up by what I called the ski lift, little u shaped hooks on a chain that dropped them into the rotating upper table which looked like an old rotary phone dial. when the last pin dropped in they dropped into chutes and were held by fingers until the table was ready to set them. does this help?
                      <--- Start 'em young!

Comment

Helps a lot, Thanks!!! Sorry you had to cut up those machanies and throw them away as no machine should ever go through that, but I understand the reasons though. I had to do that to a few 82-30's I couldn't give away a few years ago at one of my centers when we put in 70's. 2008-2009 season starts soon!!! 10Pins

Comment

I bowled in Barrie Canada back in the 90's.
                          The "BARRIE BOWL-A-RAMA" at the time had 8 rubberband
                          duckpin lanes that used Brunswick A-50's Freefall
                          machines. I got to "go behind" the machines to see
                          them in operation. It was awesome!

Maybe this place is still open ?
                          I live in Ohio and have not been back to Canada
                          since then. Hopefully here is a lead you can use.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick B-10's Hollar House

Took a trip back in time to the classic “Hollar House”. The lanes went in in 1908. There was no ABC but according to the current operator, Tom, it became sanctioned when...

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                          seems like pms were not done in a long time
                          and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...
                          Working...
                          X