Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cushion the triggering mount

There has been lots of talk about mounting triggering heads on the kickback nose. Brunswick nose blocks (armorframe kickbacks) are not an issue as they are not connected to the insert, but mounting on any kickbacks where the nose is part of the original kickback extension has caused what is described as vibration - alignment - false triggering issues.

Here, you can provide cushioning to eliminate the cycling and/or alignment issues.

The hole for the mounting screw is drilled out so the threads don't grab the mounting plywood, or bracket, just the kickback nose.

Then, 2 layers of self adhesive foam tape is placed under the mount. (I lovingly call it politicians tape - IE 2 faced)

Of course, peal off the backing. This foam tape sticks REAL well.

Then, I use the mounting screw to press the tape to both surfaces.

Now, it's important to loosen the mounting screw a bit so it isn't actually pressing the mounting bracket/plywood down. The screw now becomes a back-up to the tape in case something hits the mount and trys to loosen it.

Bowl Tronics, and possibly others, had a gromet in their bracket, but with this AMF triggering head under the downsweep, some of the triggers had issues with vibration. I suspect the kickbacks may not be as tight as they were 50 years ago when installed. This foam tape was 100% effective in eliminating the issues on those few of 72 lanes.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Not all of these 72 lanes were having issues, but I did change the mount to this cushioning on all the lanes and there have not been any issues since.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
      Not all of these 72 lanes were having issues, but I did change the mount to this cushioning on all the lanes and there have not been any issues since.
      Ted, were things loose before? I have Mendes which are pretty forgiving and I just rebuilt all of my toilet seat covers and I did,nt have any ball detect issues. (not yet , fingers crossed)

Comment

Mike I too have mendes but have no idea what a toilet seat cover is. Do you have any pictures?
        Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

What is sometimes called the 'toilet seat' is also sometimes refered to as the 'horse collar'. It's the capping piece that surrounds the downsweep on AMF installations.

There were about 10 lanes that they said the trigger units kept going out of alignment. These houses are 50 years old, and I suspect some of the kickbacks weren't as tight as they should be, or perhaps not blocked in front.

The mounting screws were tight until I decided to provide a cushion. Now the 'politicians tape' mounts the plywood, and the screws are intentionally lose, but provide a mounting back-up if something or someone knocks the plywood lose.

Comment

They did not include that piece at my place or the old mechanic took it out
            Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
            seems like pms were not done in a long time
            and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
            Working...
            X