Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-file ball returns

I have had 2 belts burn up and snap in half in 3 days on 2 different machines. What I find when arrive at the ball return is; a ball stuck in between the two lift rollers, the belt has burnt in half at the motor pulley. There is a smell of burning belt. I can not see anything wrong with the bearings and the lift rollers. Any idea why this would happen?
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
    - Albert Einstein

I guess that this an AMF Profile lift unit with the round urethane covered rails and the rollers are the tyres that lift the ball. Some guys space the rails either further apart to reduce pressure between the rails and tyre or add spacers to do the opposite. Also check the transition from the lower rails to the upper rails to ensure that the upper rails are not "stopping" the ball from transitioning to them smoothly. On the new Harmony units the guide plates may have to be bent slightly at the transition point to stop this. Sometimes it is just one of these new sticky balls that is causing it.
    Regards,

Len.

Comment

You may also want to check your belt tension, if its slipping when one of the wheels is under load you'll get that burn in there. Len has a great point if you've ever compared the houseballs to a resin ball they grab those wheels like crazy.
      When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
      seems like pms were not done in a long time
      and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
      Working...
      X