Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor saver from Bowtronics

Have anyone have them in use and about how much does it save on utility bill?
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Re: Motor saver from Bowtronics

I have used them in a 36 lane bruns A-2 house and although the difference in the electric bill was not available to me, the over all improvement in motors lasting longer and parts, especially elevator and turret, lasting at least 40 percent longer was great. I also used the bowltronics solid state motor contactors and that also helped greatly due to reduced amp draw on start up. I recommend them highly.
    I was in that center 12 years and I never had one unit go out or fail.

Comment

A great item to add to your machines! I had 28 lanes of them.

billman
      let me be myself

Comment

24 lanes five years now, no complaints!
        <--- Start 'em young!

Comment

i've noticed this seems to be a common topic lately. i dont have any of these but would like to have them.
          as i see it not only are electric costs rising and parts costs rising but it also seems like less parts are aviable. anything that helps in the least bit will make it much easier to stay in business through the next few years.
          the parts are what i see the most value in, i was comparing our parts supplier to mosquitos the other day. without us their dead, aand they arent helping us to survive.

Comment

We have them on 64 pinsetters ( 2 houses ) and no complaints. If it is the PS-1 that you are refering to. Great product.
            Mark
            (919) 757-1789

Comment

great idea, however, if u know what u are doing, you can make your own. i did that to 4 lanes now at half the cost, and does the same thing. no taking away from bowltronics, i just like doing things on my own too. if anyone is interested in pics let me know, i'll poast them up.
              the "Shermanator"

Comment

rollerdj:
                Lets see what they look like.
                Do have schematics too?
                Steve H

Comment

schematics in my head. i can possably draw some up. i'll also include parts list.
                  the "Shermanator"

Comment

i'd like to see your setup also. i want these things but if i can do it myself at half the cost, sign me up.

Comment

haha. i'm just trying to nab the camera off the wife. she's a teacher and uses it a lot for her class. i'll steal it on my way though to work. basicly i got two allen bradly time delay off moduals, (will post up part numbers when i get back) a small 4 pole N/O ice cube relay, and a small 2 pole N/O ice cube relay. we still have the old A style electronics in our pinsetters, so i went ahead and updated the relay for the cycle sylinoid to an ice cube style while i was in there.
                      the "Shermanator"

Comment

ok, the AB part number is 700-FEB1SU22. It will take two of them. Be carefull of your wiring into it, as it takes multipal voltages. A1 needs to go to the coil of the cycle sylinoid relay, A2 goes to the transformer for a constant 24V source. B1 is common ground, then 15 and 18 is the switched side that controls your motor starter. The second time delay is wired the same way but goes to a N/O push button to manually start the motor. The four pole ice cube relay now has the pit light on it on top of the other two circuts on it. I have my time delay set at 2 min right now, but I'll most likely drop it to a min and a half. I've been running this setup for a little over a month with no problems to date. I'll post pic's later tonight or in the morning for everyone to see.
                        the "Shermanator"

Comment

got a cost estimate for building one of these?

Comment

your looking at around 40 / 50 bucks per TD unit. 12 bucks I think for the ice cube relay, and about an hour of yur time.
                            the "Shermanator"

Comment

Thats going to be one of my next biggest projects to my pinsetters.
                              My frameworx scoring has a conserve energy feature, but i want to shut those off as i do this...

Mike
                              DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                              Working...
                              X