Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Lift Motors Burning out

Working at a new inhome installation. When B installed the Brunswick Frameworks Ball lift They burned out 3 motors, including one of mine,(still waiting for my spare to come in they said they would replace) They ended up putting in a larger motor for the older sytle ball lifts. Only has been running for about a month and was just called and informed that the motor went out again. Have checked all voltages and amps comming in and all is correct.

Looking for any ideas.

Going to swap out Relays in control box to see if that might help but other than that out of ideas.

Re: Ball Lift Motors Burning out

Did you check the motor wiring? When I got my Frameworks lifts, the motors were all wired for 220 volt, not the 110 I was using. Since I installed them myself while B was installing the lanes, no one told me about it until I asked one of the installers why the boxes said 220 on them.
    Those relays in the control box just plain stink. Anytime you get a ball jammed in the lift, one of those thing blows out. You can get replacements from Grainger - Part #6C890

Marty - Liberty Lanes
    56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
    2 Kustodian Walkers
    http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

check all the pulleys and wheels for being to close to something and rubbing or check for tires cracked and the whole thing works harder to lift until it overheats. Even when they run they run hot and will sometimes blow the thermal breaker, reset it after it cools and your ok. Sometimes for a week some times for 6 months. I doubt the speed the balls hit the lift help either.

Comment

Found the problem. When B put the last motor on was of the old style and motor pully does not line up 100% so belt came off and broke a wire for the safty switch.

But did find that the relay in the control box was bad. Middle contact was bent into a S shape causeing it to go on and off consantly which was burning out the motors.

After replacing the motor sounded much better. Asked installers about it when they were working on it and took out 3 motors then but they did not think it was a issue

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Pins getting gouged

Has anyone ever had this problem of the pins getting gouged?
        I have one lane pair that is just chewing the pins up. There is nothing visibly sticking out on either lane...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
        Working...
        X