Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not indexing after 5 pin

Have a machine that will not index after 5 pin drops and releases the pins. While watching it saw the time delay gear was sometimes turning just after the 8 pin loaded . While investigating further, I noticed this machine was missing a bumper that the back side of the time delay latch would normally be stopping on. My question is, could this missing bumper be the cause of my problems? I should add, I have never had any formal training on these machines, just been working on them of and on for over 35 years. This page has been a huge help and I appreciate everyones input.

Yes, without the stop bumper the latch will be mis-aligned with the block that it contacts.

Comment

After you install the bumper, try to trim it so you get maximum contact with the block on the delay gear but also enough clearance from the side of the wedge that drives the index bellcrank.
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Thanks for the input, it seems to have solved the problem.

Comment

I seem to be having the same issue. Could someone post a diagram of where that stop bumper is so i can check mine as well. Don't know all the names of the parts but learning. I've had no formal training and have learned a lot by reading the book and trial and error. This sight has helped me fix other problems as well. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Here you go
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

No problem. Post back if you need more help

Comment

well my bumper seems to be OK, Mine does not do it all the time. Random. Maybe twice a game. You push the indexing trip lever, or wiggle the spoons, or even turn the machine off for a few seconds and back on will get it to index. What am i missing.

Comment

How much sideways movement does your slide plate have (sleeve and plate assembly)? Your posts/plate could be worn.

Is there adequate contact between the lower arm of the torsion latch and block on the delay gear, as mentioned earlier?

I've encountered one machine that has had a worn lower arm on the torsion latch that had an angle which encouraged the torsion latch to rotate away from the block. It became worse when lubricated. You could attempt to file it but the surfaces must match perfectly...provided that's the problem in your case.
                    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I had one last week that was failing to index after the 5 due to the roll pins in the spring retainer. They worked their way up and sometimes jammed the delay gear.

Comment

I changed the short turret belt and the not indexing after the 5 pin seems to have gone away, but another issue has started. Now it will not index after the 7 pin and some times the 8 pin. This is random. I looked all over and can't seem to see any thing wrong. Any ideas?

Comment

When it doesn't index is this because the weight of the pin isn't enough to push down on the index trip lever, or is the lever fully down and you need to rotate the turret by hand.

BTW, it's preferable to replace both pulley and belt as a set since both wear. Ther attached phot shows the reason you're best off replacing them as a set.

The photo of the installed belt shows a new belt with a worn pulley. You can see the belt deforming due to the wear on the pulley. The usable life of the belt will be minimal. In less than a year that belt will bottom out and will be less effective at being driven by the worn pulley.
                          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse