Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pins falling down when respotted

my equipment: mod A pinsetter, twister pins.
    I have been plagued with calls of the "stand up the __ on __" it seems that some pins are not staying upright when being respotted by the pinsetter. usually just when it is a single pin being spotted, but it has been known to happen that a single pin would fall over when multiple pins are being spotted. I thought that it was just the deck grabbing the pins while they were still wobbling and the deck would grab them crooked. setting them down on their edge and then falling over. that sounds like it would be just a once in a while thing, but I get 16-30 calls a week of that nature.
    <---- You are getting sleepy, very sleepy. When you wake-up you will want to bowl more. . . .

We will assume you checked your deck pads, so try checking the short stroke to see if the deck is slamming the pins down instead of just setting them down, also check the cables for adjustment

Comment

How long have you had the Twister pins? When the center I was at installed Twister pins, those things slid standing up all over the pindeck. We had to add the no slide pin spots to the pin decks, which dramatically reduced the off-spots. Since it's happening so much, I would personally stand up front and watch the reaction of the pins and how the pinsetters are handling the pins, probably catch the issue in action. Would definitely give you a better idea of what is actually happening and go from there.
      If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Watch the machine to see if the moving deck shifts slight rearward at 180 with pins in the scissors. If it does, you will need to tighten the moving deck cable.
        let me be myself

Comment

I have the no slide pinspots on. I finished checking the moving decks and found only 1 that was shifting. I will start looking at the short strokes when I get the stupid #3 slave up and running.
          <---- You are getting sleepy, very sleepy. When you wake-up you will want to bowl more. . . .

Comment

Here's a stupid idea, could one of the pins have a bad bottom which is making it unstable and fall over?

At my center, the pins are so old that the plastic bottoms are broken sometimes.
            This will cause a pin to fall over when spotting or make a re-spot pin rock

Comment

Originally posted by avisitor View Post
              Here's a stupid idea, could one of the pins have a bad bottom which is making it unstable and fall over?

At my center, the pins are so old that the plastic bottoms are broken sometimes.
              This will cause a pin to fall over when spotting or make a re-spot pin rock
              Not stupid at all. If you have spare pins you could remove every one that falls over for a while and see if the problem improves. The other factors listed above would aggravate the issue if the pins are marginal.

I have also seen scissor grippers bad enough to aggravate this problem. If the problem happens in one position on one pinsetter too often checking the scissors might be a good idea.

Comment

Does the deck wobble (front to back) ?...Check it like this: leave the 1 2 & 3 pins and cycle...Watch the deck...when the deck meets the pins does the back end sag?...If so your deck stabilizers are worn out...the scissors are grabbing the pins at an angle...When the deck lifts it straightens out and the pins are angled...So it sets them down on the edge of the pin base and when the scissors release they wobble and fall...Providing the scissors are tight and the cables are adjusted properly...

Another culprit is bad deck post bearings...The deck movement should be smooth...No shakes or studders...If the deck is studdering the bearings are binding...The pins will literally shake in the scissors as the deck travels...Causing them to be spotted on the edge of the pin base...and fall over...A good indication is a squealing noise...More noticeable during respot because the deck moves slower...The deck moves faster setting new pins...
                "Don't expect too much and you'll never be let down..."

Comment

Another possibility could be scissors that are bent and not aligned with each other. Having worn deck pads will exaggerate the issue.
                  Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                  Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                  Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                  Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

You said in your last post that you checked your moving pin decks (plural) and only 1 was shifting. Does this mean you are having this problem over multiple lanes? That would indicate a pin issue to me unless you suddenly had several lanes go south at the same time.

Comment

I just watched a promo video on the Twister pin and in one of their tests it shows how the neck flexes compared to wooden pins. If your having this problem on multiple lanes this may be a consideration. Watch the portion of the video here:

https://youtu.be/cdjFpZgWXBI?t=4m58s

Comment

I meant that I checked all the lanes for shifting decks and found only one.

I will check the stabilizer rods tomorrow.

thanks for the vid, I will look into it.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse