Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Board Rubbers

Years ago, got tired of these damn things falling off. Here's my fix. Never come loose again.
    1/4" bit centered on metal strap.  Try to avoid area that rests on upper frame. Spade bit, drilled to just above strap. Mark new hole, drill 1/4' hole, countersink other side for 1/4 allen bolt. Apply contact cement, wait, then bolt together. Done, won't fall off again.

There is also a very good replacement from PPP, (Pinsetter Parts Plus). I put their earlier version on, (used a clamp on each end), many many years ago and have never touched them again. They make two heights.

Pit board support.jpg
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Anything that improves the original manufacturer idea is AOK with me.

I gave up purchasing urethane products to shim the pit board. I use pine timber, its cheap, readably available and has similar duro as urethane however it has one benifit over urethane. It won't deteriorate with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Headpin View Post
        Anything that improves the original manufacturer idea is AOK with me.

I gave up purchasing urethane products to shim the pit board. I use pine timber, its cheap, readably available and has similar duro as urethane however it has one benifit over urethane. It won't deteriorate with time.
        In a pinch I've used some kicker strips, even cardboard to keep it working. I'll have to try that instead. I've also seen a complete replacement for the shaker, it's a conveyor belt. I can't remember who makes it, but I saw their promo video on YouTube. Weird stuff.

Comment

Conveyor belt for A2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmhgTJGEOY
          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

That's pretty cool. Any idea what it costs. My guess... if you gotta ask, you can't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by exMech View Post
              That's pretty cool. Any idea what it costs. My guess... if you gotta ask, you can't afford it.
              \Don't think it ever became a selling product.
              I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I agree HP, yes it seems like some of the urethanes do not have a long "shelf Life". They go so long and then just completely deteriorate or explode,(like my ball wheel roller from another post). I went back and checked mine, they don't appear to be urethane luckily. Pretty sure these were put on 30+ years ago when urethane wasn't as widespread. I've also clamped the the old rubber block, (and front blocks), to the frame with good success. Just grind a shallow groove in the middle for the hose clamp. Once the board is on top of it, it can't really go anywhere.
                I installed a number of the green urethane buckets back in the early 80s, ( I put the date right on the bucket when I install it). Last year they all failed except for one by literally falling apart. They would rip right off the mounting bolts.

Pit Conveyor Block 2.jpgPit Conveyor Block 1.jpg
                Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

I never had a problem with urethane products up untll the last 15 years or so. Must be a different formula they use these days. The pit board shims are some of the worst for longevity.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A / A2s - Rearwalls

James asked for pics of the rear walls. A mechanics nightmare !!! Going to need to loose some weight before working behind these babies. Note: the Rear Low volt control switch...

Brunswick/Kegel tongs...

Just noticed that Brunswick and Kegel tongs are different where you line them up for timing has anyone noticed this am I missing something?...

C1 Pinout drawing

Finished the C1 drawing.

The base for this came from a drawing made by Felix dated 2006.

Thanks Felix.

If you see any...
                  Working...
                  X