Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto OOR..

Didn't think I'd ever like these. Now, especially in a FEC, they are one of my favorite mods. Here are the ones I made for our center. Hooks were made from stock from my scrap pile, link was made from the pieces from previous machine, spring is actually #12-100118. Got 36 of these running now, that basically cost just my spare time. Actually kind of cool to watch them run.

Nice Pics, was admiring your nice clean detector as well
    Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

Very nice Ritz... I'm not sure clean really describes that detector Mike. I think he must have took it out and spit shined it before taking the pics.

Comment

Isn't everyone's detectors squeaky clean ??​​​​​​
        "Don't expect too much and you'll never be let down..."

Comment

Wait, I see some dirt!
          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

My eyes, my eyes!

Comment

Here are some instructions for an OOR kit. I installed these back in the 80's I believe and have never touched them other than oil.

OOR Instruc.jpg
              Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Ritz, Very nice machine work. A question to all, auto OOR is nice but which call is more annoying 1) out of range 2) dead wood on the deck 3) respotting the pins because someone pushed the reset button thinking it would clear the deadwood.....

Comment

I think they are all fun, nothing better than running to the pits, over and over and over...... I've also taught the bartenders, (the wanna be pinchasers, LOL), to never go on the deck unless absolutely necessary. And that's the one drawback to this, the rake is UP !! and you've got ten slightly "affected" bowlers ready to fire the cannon ball. Respotting pins is Always done from up on top. We usually luck out however with the OOR, - if there is no deadwood or it's really not in play, they will throw at the spare so no action necessary by us. These do help a lot, especially when there is only one person in the place doing everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeygm View Post
                    I think they are all fun, nothing better than running to the pits, over and over and over...... I've also taught the bartenders, (the wanna be pinchasers, LOL), to never go on the deck unless absolutely necessary. And that's the one drawback to this, the rake is UP !!
                    There is another way. Set to first ball. Drop rake at zero if you have a shotgun latch or start the cycle if you don't so the rake drops. Turn pinsetter off. Clear deadwood. Get out of there and turn pinsetter on. There's still a tiny chance the deck could drop on you, but at least you have the rake to slow a ball down.

Comment

Good Point !! And actually being at Zero degrees on first ball, the deck is held up by the yolk, yes ??? so it can't drop. I do NOT have the 90 degree overtravel, was bypassed long ago.

Comment

Are there specific designs of these? Meaning, I have a Pinsetter parts plus version here in the shop, but we have As-90 scoring and there just isn't enough clearance for our plastic gears on top of the detector for our cameras to clear the auto oor. I'd love to have them, but unless there is something I don't know about, it looks as if we'd have to make our own.

Comment

Cody, If memory serves me, we originally had the Brunswick scoring with the big plastic "drive assembly" on the detector with these OOR kits installed. I'm pretty sure it all fit with no mods. Guess you'll have to try it.

Comment

The OOR kits barely clear the plastic gear on the switch cluster assy.

You may get one or two lanes that slightly rub on the plastic gear.
                            If that happens, just "shim" the OOR kit link by adding 2 small washers on the front shoulder bolt pivot.
                            This will give you plenty of clearance between the 2 units.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                              Working...
                              X