Adspeed Classic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit cushion

Don't think there has been a post on this but am curious. Zot used to make a pit cushion conversin for model A's. Has anyone tried to come up with a conversion of their own to get rid of the hockey sticks or should one just do a jet back conversion like we did back in the 70's.
    Pain is the weakness leaving body
    Courage is the other side of Fear
    RICK

Are you talking about the ZOT I cushions with the air shocks on the back of them? ZOT still sells them, and my center converted to these before I worked here. So far, I'm not really liking them since there have been many shocks that went bad and let the cushion move back almost completely with even a slow ball.

Comment

Depending on what your machines have right now, there are alot of upgrades and options for A's to Jet Backs.
      A-2 pit cushions, cushion linkage and tri-plates.
      Rake triggering linkage, rake latches, rake switch, time delay modules, gearbox solenoids, etc.
      Ball lift-rods, ball tracks, preference rods, y-switches, ball boosters.
      It all depends on how far you want to upgrade.
      (You may have some of these done already).

I would do the cushion/triggering upgrade if you are thinking about getting rid of the hockey sticks.

Comment

This is how a Brunswick mini kit looks hanging an A2 cushion on A kickbacks. You might find some of these used.

Comment

Mr Badwrench, that is what I have seen and wanting instead of replacing whole machines. I hate the hockey sticks. We have the zot triggering with the fast rake drops I put on years ago when I was full time. Rodj, Ihad the zots on 2 machines awhile and they are now gone also. I figured they could save a lot of money by going to mini kit and I could install them. I remember back in the 70's our lanes my brothers and I ran did the jet back conversion. Not sure if they do those anymore or not.
          Pain is the weakness leaving body
          Courage is the other side of Fear
          RICK

Comment

Adspeed Classic

Collapse

"Tablejam changes a distributor belt"

My first video upload in awhile.

I thought it would be fun to see me changing a distributor belt.

This machine had a waffle belt on it but started having...

Auto OOR..

Didn't think I'd ever like these. Now, especially in a FEC, they are one of my favorite mods. Here are the ones I made for our center. Hooks were made from stock from my scrap...

Pit Board Rubbers

Years ago, got tired of these damn things falling off. Here's my fix. Never come loose again....

4:1 replacement

Swapped out 4:1 assembly today due to oil leak. Was surprised by the amount of sediment in the box. Looked and felt like gritty mud.
          You can see the trail that the leaking...

Scissor stud tool.

Not sure if they make a special wrench to hold the stud for the scissors, but my dad got tired of fighting with it and made this wrench. He cut down a 15/16 wrench, grinded the...
          Working...
          X