Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow down a model A

Those of you that have further slowed down a model A, what size pulley and belt did you use? Thank you.
    Howard

Search creepy speed in this forum. I think Masternut is the expert so you might want to pay close attention to his posts.

Comment

Factory A speed is creeper speed. There is nothing to be gained by slowing down the A model.
      JMO

Comment

I agree with Headpin

Frank
        always doing my best.

Comment

How about going using the M-EL pulley as the M-GB drive - SNAIL SPEED or just crank the machine by hand. You'll never wreck Anything !!! LOL LOL I agree with HP. The "A" speed was how they were originally designed and worked very well. The machine still beats the ball and the bowler in today's environment.
          Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Slowing to creepy speed which is a 3.75 inch cycle pulley was one of the best things we have done in the 31 years I have been with this company. Just my opinion. We have ran all speeds going from A-2,Jetback, A and then Creepy back in 2000
            Peanut

Comment

Hey masternut. Can I ask why you all decided to go that speed and why you feel it was one of the best things you did. Not questioning doing it, just curious why. I couldn't imagine going slower than A.

Comment

Well with each speed change we noticed smoother operation and especially in the area of gearbox clutch life. At A-2 speed we had to pull clutch every 10-12 months or you ran risk of facing contamination. We can go 5-8 years now and splines still look as moist as the day clutch went own. This speed matched the ball return speed. So that is as slow as I feel we can go and not hinder bowling.
                Peanut

Comment

Originally posted by masternut View Post
                  Slowing to creepy speed which is a 3.75 inch cycle pulley was one of the best things we have done in the 31 years I have been with this company. Just my opinion. We have ran all speeds going from A-2,Jetback, A and then Creepy back in 2000
                  WOW. That's quite a statement in regard to one of the best mods, considering who it's coming from. I always considered A speed to be creeper speed. Slower than A speed, I'd like to see that.

In the current financial climate we have to operate the machinery in, I just couldn't consider spending our limited budget on changing motor pulleys.
                  If things change for the better, I might just trial the smaller pulley and see how much bang we get for our bucks.

Thanks for the insight William.

Comment

Creepy speed.

Comment

Thanks Carl

Comment

Masternut, do you have a video of your creepy speed? Thanks.
                        Howard

Comment

Thanks for the info masternut. Sounds like it's working out well for you. Interesting. From Carl D's video it looks like it's about 5 seconds or so slower than the A per cycle. Again, thanks for sharing your insight.

Comment

Question for Masternut - I'm guessing you have two separate pulleys ?? Did you change the M-El pulley size also?? I'm seeing a mix of 3" or 3 1/2" pulleys depending on what motor you have again which are many. RPM's are all over the place - 1715, 1725, 1730? If memory serves me, they made the M-El change with the Jet Backs, (tried to speed up the Elevator section). But then I see later motors with the 3" M-El pulleys ?? Anyone know.
                            Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

If you buy the "creepy speed" kit, the M to E pulley is 2".

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jet Back, A2 - Warning Signs

After a post about electrical box orientation, I went into a "Marking Frenzy". Most of these displayed were already on, (on front and rear of machine), but added several...

Brunswick/Kegel tongs...

Just noticed that Brunswick and Kegel tongs are different where you line them up for timing has anyone noticed this am I missing something?...

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick Selenium Rectifier "A's"

With the help of James and exMech, I converted my old Jet Back rectifiers to a Silicon Bridge Rectifier. Most of my old ones were 60 years old. The magnetic clutches were changed...

"Tablejam changes a distributor belt"

My first video upload in awhile.

I thought it would be fun to see me changing a distributor belt.

This machine had a waffle belt on it but started having...

Auto OOR..

Didn't think I'd ever like these. Now, especially in a FEC, they are one of my favorite mods. Here are the ones I made for our center. Hooks were made from stock from my scrap...
                              Working...
                              X