Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Deck Jams

Just thought I'd throw this out there for maybe some of the newer folks to strain their brains on. The problem has been fixed but I wanted folks to see what caused this. I ONLY adjusted, repaired, modified, replaced, etc., ONE ITEM to correct this. Unfortunately, no one could tell me what pins were missing from previous full deck spots, I never saw it do it, and the machine was Not blacked out, it was still running but at a 180 degree stop. They were getting 1 - 4 of these per shift for about 3 days. Check the pics and jump in if you'd like. The winner receives an all expense, two week vacation for 2 to Cudahy, Wisconsin - Just kidding LOL. There's not much to do there except drink and bowl. Here are the 3 pics from the owner of two different jams .... Who gets jams in the 9 pin spot ??....ugh....me.

Deck Jam 1 C.jpgDeck Jam 2 C.jpgDeck Jam 3 C.jpg
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Looks like the 9 pin deck chute is incorrectly positioned or just the wrong position for the 9 pin.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

spongy deck roller in the 9 spot. I've seen pins bounce if the turret released as the deck was going down. Pin over the turret I would think would be a pin gate issue
      If its still broken, guess it wasnt in the parts budget.

Z

Comment

the #9 position outside turret wire on the left side looks out of position in the first picture. Was it broken, really loose or bent too wide?

Comment

So far all excellent possibilities but not the cause of this. Let's let this post go one more day, I know everyone wants the vacation to Cudahy !! The 9-pin bucket has been in there for well over 20 years,(its one of rubber universals). I agree James, I run those universals at various positions depending how the specific pin falls into them. I bend my wire tops out per this post, (Preventative Maintenance - A/A2 Turret & Turret Wires) to "open" up the belly while keeping the top tight so the pins don't slip out and jam the 7 & or 8 pin buckets. The pin on top the turret I would classify as "fallout" from the original problem as is the 9-pin, checked pin gate - everything was good. Machine has ran through 6 or 7 shifts without a single malfunction.

Comment

Well here it is. See Pic 1 & 2 for the culprit !! After checking all adjustments, settings, parts for wear, etc. and finding nothing wrong, I simply changed out the Blue Brunswick 5-Pin chute. I HAD 4 of them installed for the last two years with no problems. At the start of this season, began to have 5-pin chute jams. Cleaned and waxed these first. Seemed to help a little but eventually changed out Lane 1 with a universal bucket and the problem vanished. Now this mess showed up on Lane 4. So again, after putting in a universal bucket, problem instantly vanished, Pic 3. What still remains a mystery to me, was that mess around the 9-pin. All I can guess is that after the 5-pin jammed, it somehow spilled over into the 9-pin spot although I never found a jammed 5-pin this time ???? I have replaced all 4 of the Blue buckets as I again started to have 5-pin jams on one other machine this week. Had to share this in case anyone else experiences this. Thanks for the inputs.

Bucket Problem 2 C.jpgBucket Problem 1 C.jpgDeck Jam Bucket C.jpg

Comment

I prefer to trim the skirts on all deck chutes. I leave about 1/8". Except for the JCP deck chutes that come pre-trimmed.

Comment

Another good point mr.b I now do the same. I don't remember if I trimmed this one and reinstalled it but there were a few that were trimmed but they jammed up also. Don't know if its a combination of the pins, oil, dirt, etc., but as I said, the problem just started this year ??? There is plenty of throat clearance, (unlike the Zot buckets which are very tight). I know you contributed to this post. Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A - A2 Deck Bucket Problems

Comment

You said something about wax. I have never used anything like that. Take a new deck chute or the outside of an old one that has failed but the outside is still shiny. Try to clean the shine off with lane cleaner or whatever you use to clean pinsetters. Still shiny. Try to clean the shine off with isopropyl alcohol and it comes right off and leaves it dull. That's because they use silicone as a mold release agent when they make them. If I have a deck chute that won't get slippery any other way I put a little silicone lubricant on a paper towel and wipe the inside of the chute. Let it dry before putting a pin into it. And throw away the paper towel.

Comment

I actually use black magic tire clener on my deck chutes. doesnt gather the crud like when I tried armor all. Mickey are those blue chutes really that bad? I just ordered a bunch of them.

Z

Comment

For me they are. Like I said they ran fine for 2 years with no problems. Then all 4 lanes with the Blue Buckets were giving me all kinds of goofy jams but instantly stopped when I replaced them, (2 machines have the universal bucket in the 5-pin chute with no problems). Going to try mr.b's method to see if I can save them. Lot of money to toss in the garbage. If you look close they are starting to discolor. Don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.

Comment

Make sure they are very clean before adding silicone. The silicone should bond to the deck chute material.

Comment

I rem reading somewhere about the universal chute as a 5 chute but I wasnt too sure of positioning onf the chute so I never tried it

Z

Comment

If you look close at the pics, it is rotated to position the "highest " part to the front. It has been in since the beginning of September 2017 without a single jam.

And will do mr.b thanks

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                            seems like pms were not done in a long time
                            and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                            Working...
                            X