Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jet, A2 - 1 Amp Fuse

Anyone see a bulletin from Brunswick or have any information about replacing the 1 Amp Slo Blow Fuse with a standard 1 Amp Fuse across TS1 - F & G. It seems the departed mechanic at the Rear Wall House had removed all the slo blows and put a standard 1 Amp Fuse in. I informed the owner of this a few months ago when I was checking his electrical boxes and wiring in the mechanic's bypass switch. Just the other day we found a whole jar of 1 Amp Slo Blow fuses....go figure. Opinions ?? He has not had a problem blowing the standard fuses. He had one machine that intermittently would have the contactor flicker, so the mechanic disconnected the 1 Amp fuse ????? That was an easy fix - it was a simple adjustment of the Turent Jam Switch.
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

I'd put the slow blow fuses back in. I've had standard ones blow for no reason
    The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

All of our centres use 2A FB fuses on the 240v side. I've only ever heard of FB fuses used for that purpose...at least in Australia. There was a topic on the subject not long ago.

I don't intend on converting to mini breakers on the 230V circuit because of their slower response time.
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I'm guessing FB is Fast Blow? I did an advanced search and didn't find that before I made this post, and thanks for opinions and info folks. Maybe the 2 Amp helps reduce nuisance failures while still giving a relatively quick open for a real fault.
        Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

You want to use slow blow fuses with inductive ac loads such as transformers, solenoids, relays/contactors, etc. This is because of the high current spikes when and ac induction load is energized. Relays and transformers aren't as bad as solenoids because they don't have moving plungers but it's still an issue and can cause the nuisance fuse blowing problems that Nirvana experienced. People then end up putting in a larger fuse which makes the fuse futile. The slow blow fuse has two different elements to protect the circuit. One that blows quickly in the event of a short circuit and one that blows slowly in the event of an overload. This allows them to handle the brief spikes yet still provide protection. Brunswick's recommendations from the service manual are shown below. I'm not aware of any service bulletins changing this.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mickeygm View Post
            I'm guessing FB is Fast Blow? I did an advanced search and didn't find that before I made this post, and thanks for opinions and info folks. Maybe the 2 Amp helps reduce nuisance failures while still giving a relatively quick open for a real fault.
            The 2 amp is for Japanese pinsetters. They also come with a 5 amp for the 24 volt instead of a 3.2. I wouldn't replace a 1 amp with a 2 amp. Replacing the 5 amp and the 3.2 with 3 amp breakers did work out fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.badwrench View Post

The 2 amp is for Japanese pinsetters. They also come with a 5 amp for the 24 volt instead of a 3.2. I wouldn't replace a 1 amp with a 2 amp. Replacing the 5 amp and the 3.2 with 3 amp breakers did work out fine for me.
              The 2A FB fuses pre-date my employment. My predecessor was a seasoned Mech and must have had a reason for it. The centres also have a mix of US, Jap and German machines. I've only ever had the 2A fuse blow when it was necessary. We also changed to 4A fuses (SB) on the ELV side after installing ZOT rake trip solenoids; again, pre-dating my employment, which could be as long as 22 years ago?
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Only slow blow fuse I ever used was in the century oiling machine and the star shield trannny. Though they do seem to be gaining in popularity.
                I hesitant to guess the % of calls contributed to electrcial faults but the number would be insignificant.

Comment

I have 1 1/2amp AGC (fast blow) fuses in my boxes for the HV, and breakers for the low voltage.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick B-10's Hollar House

Took a trip back in time to the classic “Hollar House”. The lanes went in in 1908. There was no ABC but according to the current operator, Tom, it became sanctioned when...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Stahl's "Tuffy Super Jam Stopper" in action!

So I decided to try a few of these, I mean the idea totally makes sense and recently I saw these in action and liked what I saw.

Basically, it's meant as an extension...

Foul Light LED Mod

Here is a mod I came up with for a foul light unit. I was able to remove the old indicator light bulbs and replace them with ultra bright white LEDs. This should work for about...
                  Working...
                  X