Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping pins from deck up height.

One of my lanes started to randomly drop pins from full height of deck. It appears that the AOR latches for no apparent reason.resulting in the deck holding hook staying down. I have adjusted the holding hook to specs. Watching the AOR movement it looks like when the latch moves over the roller it does not always lift when there is no out of range. Testing with an out of range everything operates normal or so it appears. As part of the troubleshooting we found one of the roll pins in the detector rod would slightly contact the stop spring on it's way through. Corrected but had no effect. It will work for 5 10 15 times than all of a sudden it will latch. Other times it happens almost every time. Any thoughts.
    j.c. I would rather be dead right, Than dead wrong.

If the hook selector bearing is failing it will reduce the clearance between the Auto OOR hook and the pin which will prevent it from raising out of the way when not needed.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

The bearing looks ok but will look closer.

Comment

The bearing is a little grindy but turns ok. i don't know if the outside of the bearing would wear smaller ?

Comment

I was a little confused by the picture as it appeared backwards.

Comment

The picture is from a detector that is turned over.
              You are looking at the bottom of it.

Comment

It is a picture from the bottom of the detector. Not sure why it's upside down but I'm sure it was taken while it was installed.

The bearing will still function although worn, the point I make is the dimensional change when the bearing collapses as illustrated by the red lines in the photo. This small change will reduce the clearance the AOOR hook has to get out of the way when not needed. The stud bearings used collapses then begins to ride the rim of the stud which by your description is what has happened. You need to swap out the hook selector with another with a new bearing.
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Changed the hook selector with new stud bearing. At this point all seems to be working. Thanks for that. A question is with aor installed what would happen if i removed any or all of the original out of range levers.

Comment

None of the original linkage is needed when using AOOR kits. Since the kit will hold the hook selector at its equivalent high there is no longer a need for the links to the gearbox clutch and rear pull rod.

Although unnecessary, you can also remove the cast lever and spring that contact the front of the rake trip cylinder attached to the bellcrank on the rake assy. cross shaft.
                    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Here is the one I installed and as James stated, (Although unnecessary, you can also remove the cast lever and spring that contact the front of the rake trip cylinder attached to the bellcrank on the rake assy. cross shaft.), you can and I did.

OOR Instruc.jpg
                      ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.4.5.2467 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.3.2333
                      Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

Keep in mind that with theses auto OOR linkages the latches that grab the pin on the hook selector can get sharp edges on them over time.
                          This can cause the latch to grab the pin when it's not so post to and cause what I call a BONZI of 10 pins on the pin deck.
                          I've since been coating these latches with A light coating of grease and haven't had any BONZI problems since.
                          Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse