Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-2 turret

I have a lane (9) that is a problem child. No problems other than pins slipping on the cross conveyor belts on a regular basis. We have excessive humidity problems. When the humidity is low, no problems. Recently, it has started missing pins on a full rack reset. It varies, never the same pin(s). A bowler told me this eve that it was only setting 6 to 7 pins over the weekend. I wasn’t there to see this. I recently had a short turret belt slipping causing a 5 to 9 half index. I de-greased the belt and index cam and that stopped. The multiple pin missing problem has gotten worse over the past couple of weeks, but only when it’s rainy or high humidity. The dehumidifiers go up 10% as soon as it rains/storms. I’ve only had one blackout on this lane, so I know it’s double indexing on its own at random times. On a side note, I’d dismantled this lane about 4 months back to replace a ball wheel belt. I’m wondering if I have the long turret belt too tight. The randomness is starting to aggravate me!

Loosen the turret belt spring until it won't index all the way around then tighten it one or two turns. If that doesn't help you may need to look at the indexing linkage. Search "SSTJ" for advice on a positive stop for the linkage.

Comment

Check your indexing trip lever adjustment. Then check your indexing latch to ensure it engages the roller firmly. If not you may have a bent short link. Also check all these components for wear.

Next I would check the torsion latch arm to make sure its firmly set to prevent the time delay gear from turning when its not suppose to. The rubber stop can deteriorate and allow the trip arm to vibrate loose letting the time delay gear rotate.

Also, what is happening to the extra pins. Are they ending up on top of the moving deck or are the not getting fed to the turret. Could help isolate the problem.

Comment

Multiple indexing is a common fault. Thete are numerous causes, all of them simple to fix. It's just a matter of eliminating them one at a time starting with the obvious.

Take the tension off the long turret belt as mentioned above, having this belt too tight will only increase wear on other components as well as it has nothing to do with your problem.

Good advice offered above. If your sure excessive play in the indexing components is not at fault. Try adjusting the trip lever back to the point of failing to index.

Maybe loose turret indexing cam.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Pins getting gouged

Has anyone ever had this problem of the pins getting gouged?
        I have one lane pair that is just chewing the pins up. There is nothing visibly sticking out on either lane...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
        Working...
        X