Replace scissors cable

If either are frayed, I would.

Are you asking how to replace one?
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Yes, I want to replace it but cannot remove the pin from the bottom cable on the rear of the deck.

Comment

If you have an older machine, it will have a roll pin in the sheave to secure the cable. The newer machines have an X-pin. You will need the proper size drift and will have to punch it out. Position the deck at a height where you can get to it. If memory serves me right, the deck can be all the way up and I believe you can access it from the adjacent lane. I'm assuming you have removed the scissor cables from the sheaves.

If not you can do this: SET UP OUT OF RANGE PIN. CYCLE PINSETTER. LET IT RUN, (LIFT DECK HOLDING HOOK OUT OF THE WAY SO DECK DOES NOT ENGAGE ON HOLDING HOOK), UNTIL IT IS JUST ABOVE CONTACTING THE OOR PIN FOR THE SECOND TIME, ABOUT 250 DEGREES. SHUT OFF MACHINE – PULL POWER CORD. WRAP A RAG AROUND BOTTOM SCISSOR CABLE. PULL HARD TO OPEN SCISSORS, AT THE SAME TIME TAKE OOR PIN AND INSERT IT IN ANY CONVENIENT SCISSORS UPSIDE DOWN AND ALLOW SCISSORS TO CLOSE. (SCISSOR CABLE WILL NOW HAVE PLENTY OF SLACK AND CAN BE EASILY LIFTED CLEAR OF ALL SHEAVES). POSITION IT CLEAR OF ALL DECK CABLES AND LEAVE IT LOOSE ON DECK. START MACHINE AND LET IT FINISH ITS CYCLE.

Again, SHUT OFF MACHINE – PULL POWER CORD then remove the pin. As James stated, check both, run a rag along each cable. If the rag snags broken wires, replace it. Check connecting ends for fraying also. Oil cable at all contact points upon replacement.
        Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Another method for releasing tension on the scissor cable which is easier if you lack the strength to lever the cable over the top pulley even though the scissors are closed...

http://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinset...167#post362167

I advise assuming the scissor will break (not likely unless already cracked) and make a second PVC tool using it in a secondary position.

Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Two pieces of steel, 3 5/16" bolts. The center hole in the top plate is tapped and the bolt is threaded into it. The center hole in the bottom plate is big enough for the pin to pass through. Just snug the outside bolts then turn the center bolt to push the pin out. This works for me. I think I got the idea here on Bowl Tech years ago.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Before and After

Actuator modified to eliminate hanging Bananas. Clean and paint associated parts.

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Pins getting gouged

Has anyone ever had this problem of the pins getting gouged?
            I have one lane pair that is just chewing the pins up. There is nothing visibly sticking out on either lane...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...
            Working...
            X