Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and After

Actuator modified to eliminate hanging Bananas. Clean and paint associated parts.

20180603_151729.jpg
    Attached Files

I see the OOR Lever has been eliminated as well as the associated linkage. What was modified?
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

OOR lever hasn't been in use since auto OOR installed. Thought I may as well remove it to. Just knocked the bearings out and installed to keep the other parts aligned.

Actuator has been modified in accordance to masternut tech tip. You will find this tip in the technical reference section. Eliminates 180 stop with pins in the scissors.

Comment

Noice!
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
          Noice!
          You don't notice the difference between before and after "eagle eye"?

Comment

You're right HP, don't know how we could have missed this obvious change... LOL I've also "embellished" Masternut's tip. It should also be noted that some of the auto score systems have incorporated a micro switch on the reset linkage that essentially "Locks Out" the reset button until the machine returns to 0 degrees. Had one fail... no reset, that was a fun troubleshoot. I believe I originally had Brunswick auto scoring and for whatever reason, (I don't remember), they had TWO micro switches on the reset linkage, one was not being used so I simply moved the wires to the other switch.

180 Mod C C.jpg180 Mod 4.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Headpin View Post

You don't notice the difference between before and after "eagle eye"?
              If you're talking about the mod, nope. But I know it. It's been in my list since 2004.
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I thought James would have spotted a difference betweem the before and after pictures. I'm not talking about the OOR lever missing or the almost impossible to see mod to the actuator.

Comment

I see you installed an A2 style clutch arm.
                  let me be myself

Comment

Billman is correct. I didn't actually change the clutch lever arm, the before picture is a different machine to the after picture machine.

Comment

Just to clarify the mod to the actuator, here is a picture showing the modified version beside the original.

20180706_095655.jpg

Comment

Ahh... I tend to get distracted when I see shiny things.
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Whooooaaaa..... I'm going to have to call a "Posting Foul" here. LOL Two different machines !!??? Didn't even give the different lever a second thought as it is simply the newer design as the old one is and has been for a long time NA. Seriously, the various changes they have made to the whole reset linkage area have Not been good. The "pressed" parts break - Lever Assembly, (# 8 Page 5A), don't know if the Clutch Release Lever, (# 28 Page 6A) has caused problems, and I've heard that the replacement bearing on the Clutch Arm is a very poor quality. I went to several bearing houses looking for a US bearing with no luck. If anyone knows of a good replacement, please advise. I tried to run the old style clutch levers as long as I could before converting to the new style.

Nice pic of the modified link HP !! Excellent illustration of the mod.

And yes, I sent the photos of the gearboxes in your Post #1 to the FBI office in Washington for forensic analysis, and they advised me that these were in fact TWO DIFFERENT GEARBOXES ! You've been caught .....

Clutch Lever.jpg
                          ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.5.1.2522 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.4.2338

Comment

I think I threw what you guys call a "curve ball"

Mike, I agree. The changes made to the majority of parts when the A2 came out are distinctly inferior to the A model. There are improvements in the model A as the machine evolved, but the A2 was a step backwards in many ways.
                            The A model peaked around the 50,000 series.......JMO

Comment

Just thinking back, if you have converted to the new style clutch lever, it could be modified to accept the Cam Bearing from the front of the turret IF you have also installed OOR Eliminators. You don't need the extension on the pin in this case and that bearing, (Part # 11-480001-000 Cam Follow Needle Bearing, Item # 4, Page 4C) is a good bearing. My old style clutch levers usually wore out where the pin went through to support the bearing, despite lubing it regularly. This too could be modified to save it. Drill out worn holes and press a small oillte or bronze bushing there. Then reinstall the original pin and bearing. Why didn't I think of this 30 years ago ??? ugh If anyone has already done this or tries it, would be interesting to know what drill size and bushing was used.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                              Working...
                              X