Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil level glass leak

What is the best method to remove the oil level glass? I am inquiring for another center and they have model A pinsetters. Many thanks.
    Howard

empty the gearbox oil and using a spanner undo the oil level glass nut or if you have a large enough socket would be easier may have to drop off the release lever and gearbox dashspot been a while since i worked on those
    im never wrong just askme

Comment

Definitely socket, extension and ratchet. I had one break when trying to remove. Twisted the top straight off it leaving the threads in the box. When replacing, just a snug fit is all that is needed.

If the glass is being removed to clean it, consider making a dipstick to measure oil level and forget the site glass.

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinset...ake-a-dipstick

Lonnie's description is on point!
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Yep. Agree with Lonnie. Not many times I disagree with Steve but, this is one of them. Using a dipstick is much easier than maintaining the sight glass.

Comment

what size socket? Thanks.
            Howard

Comment

1-1/4"
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

many thanks to all that responded.
                Howard

Comment

Here's mine.... I had to tag it "SAVE !!" as the former owner would toss anything he didn't think needed to be there. I made a number of special tools to remove broken deck bolts which were always located in a tray next to my tool box. One day I came in to find the entire tray had been thrown out !! I asked him if he knew where they were. He said: In the dumpster as they had been on that shelf for years. I told him I had been replacing broken deck bolts for years and this was an ongoing project. He just shrugged his shoulders and walked out.

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.5.1.2522 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.4.2338

Dip Stick 2 C.jpgDip Stick 1 C.jpg
                  Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse