Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with Serial Numbers

Recently I went through my machines to document the serial numbers on each of the assemblies. I did this mostly out of curiosity but also to see what issues I may run into with replacement parts not fitting or mismatched lanes. As it turns out my lanes are a jumbled up mess with serial numbers all over the place . Some things of note were the different revisions of the elevator frames. I have three different styles, one where the long turret idler belt pulleys mount to a plate in parallel with the floor (identified by the presence of serial number on the upper right frame near the pinwheel guide roller and the Brunswick plate behind the long turret idler pulleys), one where it mounts to the frame like normal (marked with the number "46" where the serial number used to be), and a minor revision where there is no serial number on the upper elevator frame and it has the normal idler pulley mounts. Another odd finding was that nearly every gearbox had a matching detector on it. This was the only part of the machine that consistently matched, which leads me to think that most of these detectors have never been separated from their gearboxes.

After documenting all this I've learned a lot about the age of my machines (roughly from 1955 to 1958) and about the general health of the machines. If you want to do this for your center I've attached the spreadsheet I used. Some of the serial numbers were hard to find, like the one on the lower elevator frame. That one is found between the track support mount and the edge of the square bar on the rear elevator. Another tricky one to find was the deck number, that is located on the stationary deck on the left of the 1 pin.

If you guys have any insight into what the letters after some of the numbers mean please let me know, I have no clue what they could mean.
    Attached Files
    Ethan Campbell
    Technician 1
    Main Event Entertainment - Plano

Check the serial number thread in the A A2 technical reference forum.

Comment

Headpin, I checked that thread and while interesting it still leaves me scratching my head about the letters after some of the numbers. Were they stamped like that at the factory or was that done when they were converted to Jetback? Very strange...
      Ethan Campbell
      Technician 1
      Main Event Entertainment - Plano

Comment

Do a search in the brunswick forum using "serial" in the thread title. We had a number of very good threads over a number of years discussing serial numbers.
        Steve Stafford has extrodionary knowledge in this area look for any of his posts.

Comment

You got some oldies!
          The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse